Newest Member
    Dano62
Southern System 1/5-1/8 2017 OBS

John1122

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

Is there another disturbance in AR and W TN that is helping to pull more moisture up to the west than expected? I don't see the precip on any of the models back quite as far as it is right now. Also don't see this disturbance on any of them still. They had all weakened it off, or diminished the returns at this hour

I think that is the upper level system coming through there now, and will give East TN an additional burst of snow in the early morning hours per the HRRR. 

hrrr_2017010701_ref_nc.gif

Just now, ladyjmayo said:

Nice moderate snowfall with good sized flakes near Kingston. 23 degrees.  I'll take it!  Time to break out the happy water, wrap in my snuggie and keep my nose pressed to the window.:D

Enjoy.  Everyone breaking out the happy water tonite.  And with good reason.  :snowwindow:

9 minutes ago, ladyjmayo said:

Nice moderate snowfall with good sized flakes near Kingston. 23 degrees.  I'll take it!  Time to break out the happy water, wrap in my snuggie and keep my nose pressed to the window.:D

I'm letting my kids rip out of the front door every 30 minutes to mess around in the powder, they are loving it.  Great to see you LadyJ, enjoy your night!

Just now, dwagner88 said:

Looks like we are winding down here. It's moving out a lot faster than anticipated. My total will be right around an inch. Not great, but double what I had all last year. 

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/24260:4:US?animation=true  It's possible for it to come back.

3 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Looks like we are winding down here. It's moving out a lot faster than anticipated. My total will be right around an inch. Not great, but double what I had all last year. 

I don't think it's totally done even there.  It can back build/redevelop as the upper level feature comes through.  Not saying it would be a lot, but maybe another inch?

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived