Newest Member
    Dano62
Southern System 1/5-1/8 2017 OBS

John1122

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I just checked and the latest HRRR shows the first "power hour" for the general eastern valley at between 3z and 4z.  A tick sooner than before.  This looks like a nice period for our heaviest snows to me.

Stove, amateur question here...does that time correlate to 3-4 AM?

4 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

I think MRX might be drunk. They upped my zone forecast to 3-5". Looking at the radar I can't see much more than 2" happening. We had a nice burst of moderate snow, but back to light snow now. Small flakes. 

I guess more than just forum members having some happy water tonight. :blink:

5 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

I think MRX might be drunk. They upped my zone forecast to 3-5". Looking at the radar I can't see much more than 2" happening. We had a nice burst of moderate snow, but back to light snow now. Small flakes. 

yeah, those radar turns will need to do some fancy dance moves and backfills to give Chatt 5 inches.

9 minutes ago, dwagner88 said:

Should fill from the east south east eventually. Don't know that it'll be 5 inches worth but 3 isn't out of the question most likely. 

5 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Anyone worried about the radar should check the HRRR, holding steady.  That being said, enjoying some moderate snow here and everything is getting white.  Couldn't be happier!

*Open's another happy water* Well ok, I wouldn't say "couldn't".  :guitar:

It do look pretty!!!

3 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Anyone worried about the radar should check the HRRR, holding steady.  That being said, enjoying some moderate snow here and everything is getting white.  Couldn't be happier!

*Open's another happy water* Well ok, I wouldn't say "couldn't".  :guitar:

Good to hear that.  Moderate snow here as well.  My road is now covered, so I'm stuck here.  Nothing more enjoyable than being "snowed in."

• And yeah, I do realize up north that would laugh at me for feeling snowed in at this point.  But it is Tennessee after all.  :snowwindow:

Is there another disturbance in AR and W TN that is helping to pull more moisture up to the west than expected? I don't see the precip on any of the models back quite as far as it is right now. Also don't see this disturbance on any of them still. They had all weakened it off, or diminished the returns at this hour

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived