Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

17 minutes ago, Cfa said:

It might be that cold now, but it's been pretty mild lately, there's likely some residual warmth. The ground isn't frozen (at least here it isn't). 

I know snow can accumulate on warm surfaces, but it doesn't happen at the same rate as snow piling up on cold surfaces.

well it's been piling up in virginia where the surface was much warmer than nyc.. but i guess heavy precip will overcome that...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

this baby wants to push even further west it seems,the ull down south is hooking this back towards the coast with evidence of backbuilding in eastern p.a. explains why those bands are still incoming for n.y.c..

you can see the dry air is winning out to the NW. Radar shows the precip has lightened in Sussex.

2 minutes ago, WintersGrasp said:

An inch so far in Essex county NJ. Newest HRRR shows this lull for NENJ/parts of NYC. It also shows moderate snow pushing back into our areas between 2-4 pm and putting down another 2-3 inches (of course more the further east you go). Enjoy!

was just in a lull in Summit, NJ. The snow has picked up after then, should be heading your way.

1 minute ago, WintersGrasp said:

An inch so far in Essex county NJ. Newest HRRR shows this lull for NENJ/parts of NYC. It also shows moderate snow pushing back into our areas between 2-4 pm and putting down another 2-3 inches (of course more the further east you go). Enjoy!

i just echoed this to a few people about the push back west a bit before clearing east. you can see that ull really pushing that band narrow right over the coast. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived