Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wave 2, 1/7-8/17 Discussion/OBS

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnowBlitzkrieg said:

weatherbell only has it out to 21z. out to 23z on pivotal has 0.4 QPF for the city/western nassau and 0.5-0.7 for suffolk from west to east. it's still not done snowing at that point, either.

Didn't realize the rap went out more than 18hrs to be honest, my apologies.. I realize it was still snowing but didn't see 6+ for NYC 

11 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Much further west than the 12z run

Looks like 3-6 for the metro area

From Upton :

Eastern Union County:

SATURDAY  
SNOW LIKELY. SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. HIGHS  
IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW  
60 PERCENT. 

When the GFS is by itself like this and running against the grain it's usually complete garbage. I'd trust the RGEM/ECMWF blend and call it a day. Things trended much better today so I think I can finally come on board for something significant. It's not easy when the pattern is this progressive. Truly threading the needle.

12 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Not trying to get in trouble w/ the mods, but this post just cracked me up....

Glad you got a good laugh! What prompted my question was the water vapor loop posted a few minutes prior. To my untrained eye it looked like the trough was about to go negative. I could be totally wrong though. 

5 minutes ago, Jason215 said:

Glad you got a good laugh! What prompted my question was the water vapor loop posted a few minutes prior. To my untrained eye it looked like the trough was about to go negative. I could be totally wrong though. 

If the trough was going negative now this would be a coastal hugger and a snowstorm for the Appalachians. The trough is really progressive so it won't be going negative.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived