Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SN again in NW. Waiting for that band to swing thru

perfect winter: 2-weeks cold/snow, 1-week warm/dry, 2-weeks cold/snow, 2-weeks warm/dry, a classic Nor'easter and very cold and picturesque week, then 2-weeks warm and outdoorsy, sunny and quite dry... (etc etc)

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, is what it is. We've had some stuff to track this month so it hasn't been boring. Don't think we're done yet in the next 10 days. Lots of cad sig stuff showing up. Those can be more friendly in our area in general. Hopefully something comes together before we go warm for a little while. 

Yea I don't get as bent about those type storms as some do. Don't get me wrong I'm down watching it snow up the coast while if I was a ski resort my snow report would be dust on crust, but it's not some crazy fluke abomination. It happens a fair amount, 2010 just might have been the most extreme example.  Just like we get plenty of systems that slide out to their south and feb 5 2010 was the most extreme example of that. Just how it is. Things have turned more positive imo long range both short/long and long/long. Going to post over in the long range thread soon. Hope you guys do well in this back band. I only got into it for 10 minutes but nice big flakes. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived