Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

People always mock when people state "the back end will save us!". But its usually true. Look at the blizzard. DC and SE people despaired until the whiteout started in the afternoon :P

That's definitely what happened with me last year. We got basically this little light snow we've been getting today all morning and I was so irritated. Then the back end moved east over me and it just dumped snow for a good 3-4 hours in the afternoon. I still ended up with less than the areas 20 miles west of 95, but it was a lot of fun in the afternoon.

42 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't think dry air did the dirty work as much as a shift east in dynamics as the low got going off the coast. Dry air didn't help but its pretty clear the best lift never made it overhead west of 95. 

There was a bit of dec 2010 to this. System consolidated and jumped east northeast before phasing and turning north. That's our worst nightmare. Manages to suppress south of us then still turn up and hit those bastages to our north that stick out into the ocean. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

There was a bit of dec 2010 to this. System consolidated and jumped east northeast before phasing and turning north. That's our worst nightmare. Manages to suppress south of us then still turn up and hit those bastages to our north that stick out into the ocean. 

Yeah definitely. Not quite to the same extent as that one, but NYC is going to cash in and Boston is going to get clobbered. So frustrating. This could have been a big one here.

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea, is what it is. We've had some stuff to track this month so it hasn't been boring. Don't think we're done yet in the next 10 days. Lots of cad sig stuff showing up. Those can be more friendly in our area in general. Hopefully something comes together before we go warm for a little while. 

Yea, is what it is. We've had some stuff to track this month so it hasn't been boring. Don't think we're done yet in the next 10 days. Lots of cad sig stuff showing up. Those can be more friendly in our area in general. Hopefully something comes together before we go warm for a little while. 

At least with the front end thump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived