• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

I have a feeling as soon as this band decides to move in a direction not favorable for me, that will be game, so I'm trying to get as much as I can out of it right now. I'm not from the area, the few times I've experienced snows in the past the grass covered before the roads... right now though the roads are definitely covering faster.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stormpc said:

Radar improving way downstream over SW VA and central NC. MAYBE once the low rides up a little further NE, that energy rides along with it into our area. Grasping right now.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is, but I've likely doubled my 1.5 since 6 am when I came to work. It bloomed ( 25-30 dbz )and parked right over us....not complaining a bit. Hopefully it continues to fill and move NE your way

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I had a nice run of being jackpotville from 09-10 to 14-15.  That ended hard last year and has continued through what pitiful events we've had this year.  

This is what happens every storm for me. Radar shows it all too well. A band gets lifted through FX/Lou up into MoCo and NEward. Being in this valley is torture

Basically nothing but a few flurries coming down in Logan Circle. Other than a brief period of very fine extremely light snow about an hour ago it's been nothing but flurries at best since daybreak.  We've already wasted about 3-4 hours of the potential snow window here and there's probably only 3-4 hours left of potential snow (assuming it's out by around 18z), so it's hard to imagine exceeding an inch at this point. 

Just now, Deck Pic said:

looking at RAP/HRRR/12z 4k NAM, I think it is too early to totally give up for DC.  The 2-3"+ totals seem unlikely, but we might be able to still eke out an inch.  All 3 models are showing a pivot later...

Yup.  Im gonna say 1-2".  We got fringed but not shutout.  Still some lift left.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived