Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/5/17 to 1/8/17 Obs Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Just looked outside...and every surface, including Rockville Pike, is getting covered with a dusting. I'm under very weak radar returns, so the temps have cooled down enough to support road coverage. 

You sure that ain't salt? Lol.  Roads are bare here.  I looked at traffic cams all the way up to Germantown and 355 is bare there as well.  Anyway, maybe this next band will lay down a coating.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

You sure that ain't salt? Lol.  Roads are bare here.  I looked at traffic cams all the way up to Germantown and 355 is bare there as well.  Anyway, maybe this next band will lay down a coating.

Yup, it's not salt. Restaurant parking lots are completely covered now looking outside my window, and the Pike is covered in parts. Anyway, more snow is spurting over my location, and what looks to be your location, given at current radar. 

3 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Yup, it's not salt. Restaurant parking lots are completely covered now looking outside my window, and the Pike is covered in parts. Anyway, more snow is spurting over my location, and what looks to be your location, given at current radar. 

Weird.  I looked at live cams up to Frederick and the main roads were all spotty at worst (or best).  Parking lot bare here.  I hope it sticks. I want to work remote tomorrow.  It's cold enough now to wear a prolonged steady period of snow could do the trick.

10 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

I can confirm.  I'm a mile or so south, and stickage has commenced.

Just now, NovaTarHeel said:

Radar is finally showing snow over fairfax, green returns too, and people near me are reporting seeing flames, but I'm not seeing anything.  Don't get it. 

Go outside and you'll hear it.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived