• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I'm not Ayuud but I have the same app. It's radar scope. It's $10 but it's the best 10 bucks you'll ever spend. Get the pro subscription to it too for $10 for a year and you'll get lots of awesome extra features. 

Yes sir btw both Eden and North Boston reporting 8" of snow since this morning!

22c0ut.png

22 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

My sister who works in Angola sent me these two pictures, the first taken at 10 am and the second just now..received_10211038590375937.jpeg

received_10211038603456264.jpeg

Judging by how the snow was at the bottom of the tire in the first picture and halfway up the wheel in the second, that must be a 16 to 18 inch wheel divided by 2 is 8 or 9 inches plus 2 or 3 inches for the width of the tire means about 10 to 12 inches fell in about 3 hours or between  3 to 4 inches per hour.

Wow 15" in Hamburg since 8am this morning!

...ERIE COUNTY...
   2 ENE COLDEN          22.8   930 AM  1/05  COCORAHS                
   HAMBURG               15.0   115 PM  1/05  SOCIAL MEDIA            
   EAST CONCORD          14.0   830 AM  1/05  TRAINED SPOTTER         
   SARDINIA              14.0   651 AM  1/05  TRAINED SPOTTER         
   ANGOLA ON THE LAKE    12.0  1230 PM  1/05  SOCIAL MEDIA            
   2 WNW FARNHAM         11.0  1230 PM  1/05  EVANGOLA STATE PARK     
   EAST AURORA           10.0   122 PM  1/05  SOCIAL MEDIA            
   2 SE GLENWOOD          9.0   800 AM  1/05  COCORAHS                
   EDEN                   8.0  1140 AM  1/05  POST OFFICE             
   NORTH BOSTON           8.0  1150 AM  1/05  SNOW SPOTTER            
   1 W COLDEN             4.5   730 AM  1/05  COOP OBSERVER           
   2 NE BOSTON            4.1   815 AM  1/05  COCORAHS                
   2 SE COLDEN            4.0   554 PM  1/04  NWS EMPLOYEE            

35 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

It's starting to move now let's see how far north it gets.. me thinks it's going to make it all the way up to the 90/290 interchange near Williamsville..

Regardless of where it makes it, it's such a thin band I would imagine there will be some slightly unhappy people on this board who are JUST outside of it lol

Regardless of where it makes it, it's such a thin band I would imagine there will be some slightly unhappy people on this board who are JUST outside of it lol

Even if I miss out this has been a fun one to track today. Got the day off, glued to the radar, jamming the police scanner. Anything is better than those NW flow events. Looks like it's going to really get cranking shortly. Just another 2 miles and I'll be golden!
Hey btw what part of SB are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Legit heaviest snow I've ever seen in my life in Rte 5 in Lackawanna. Easily 4-5" an hour. Literally can't even see the hood of my truck.

No kidding city out to the 33 at the airport will get destroyed between 4-8pm. 

11 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

11 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

That band is not making it that far north. I think it's just about at it's furthest north point. Will likely slowly stall then slowly shift back south. 

41 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Even if I miss out this has been a fun one to track today. Got the day off, glued to the radar, jamming the police scanner. Anything is better than those NW flow events. Looks like it's going to really get cranking shortly. Just another 2 miles and I'll be golden!
Hey btw what part of SB are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far it's only moderate snow here will about an inch, but once those 3-5"/ hr rates get up man, man it will be fun!

I'm right by Tifft St, what about you?

9 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

That band is not making it that far north. I think it's just about at it's furthest north point. Will likely slowly stall then slowly shift back south. 

I think it has a few more miles on it, so it'll probably just reach downtown out to the airport. And of course that means the commute will probably be hell later

Buffalo Metro is going to get absolutely crushed from between 5- whenever she decides to settle back South.  Plus the added synoptic moisture from the incoming wave which should put down 1-2" area wide.  I will be extremely disappointed if KBUF doesn't get at least a foot or more but I've been disappointed before so it's always, we'll see what happens.  Everything I have looked at including Bufkit has KBUF getting destroyed. Even their latest sounding for this evening shows the omega intersecting the snow growth region, with a pretty much non-existent cap so I say all systems go for a serious commute this evening through I'd say about 11 or so.

Good luck!

This event, even on this side of the lake, has been one of a more SW flow event as opposed to the WSW event KBUF thought at first.  Watertown at first was looking at 2' now its up to 3'+ so.......  Its a rarity to see such an anomalous SW flow for 4 days straight in January so enjoy as KBUF hasn't been too lucky as of late.

Archived