Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wave 1, 1/5-6/17 Discussion/OBS

dmillz25

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Any snow we get during a La Nina with a +AO/-PNA is a bonus. We are just lucky we had such a -EPO that probably prevented a shutout.

Guess this doesn't apply for the South East or coastal Mid Atlantic or SNE?  Richmond and SE VA about to get hit with biggest storm in years.  We could have easily seen a big storm out of this setup, we are just missing it due to the northern stream timing being slightly off

6 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Could be the first storm I recall us being in the jackpot for, as we're up to 2.5" as of 2:20 am and it's still snowing lightly to moderately - been lucky to be under 20-25 DBZ echoes for almost 3 hours.  Just took my last walk - need to get a little sleep for work.  Will measure in the am, but am guessing we may have some compaction.  Don't think we have too much left anyway, looking at the radar, which seems to be getting more ragged.  

We ended up with 2.75" as of 5 am, when I last measured (but went right back to bed, lol).  Definitely overperformed for us.  Sometimes you get lucky...

Archived