• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Weak Coastal January 6th (Rev Kev Storm)

Baroclinic Zone

So we are now within a couple days and models look to be in pretty good agreement with a weak coastal storm passing well S of the area but will still throw back enough moisture to clip at least the southern areas of SNE with some light accumulations. T-3" looks to be about it with the hires-NAM right now going GGW dropping 4"+ in some areas.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ackwaves said:

Does this thread cover Sat/Sun threat for Cape and Islands too? ;)

No i deleted the other thread that James started. No point having a thread for two threats inside of 4 days. 

The 2nd threat could still be a complete whiff. 

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Every model is trending wetter so there is no reason to discount them

They have been by far the worst piece of model guidance for about 3 winters in a row.  There's a reason no one posts them anymore lol.

The trend of getting wetter very well could be happening but I wouldn't look to the SREFS to give you that info.

Yeah just because other guidance has trended back wetter that doesn't mean you take the SREFs at face value. So the euro increased qpf from like 0.05 to 0.10...so now we should believe some guidance that is near 0.50 liquid equivalent? 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They have been by far the worst piece of model guidance for about 3 winters in a row.  There's a reason no one posts them anymore lol.

The trend of getting wetter very well could be happening but I wouldn't look to the SREFS to give you that info.

Except for Jan blizzard down here :)

Archived