Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
C/NNE & Berks? Wintry Mix Jan 3rd/4th

dendrite

37 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Although it may result in solid base after the re-freeze this still kind of sucks for CNE ski areas considering there is not much to get excited about after.  Good snow making temps will follow I guess. 

Not sure about that.  What I see outside right now would be a net gain.  It would add crunch but also substance.  The sleet/snow mix does appear to be binding to the lower, now solid surface.  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

Not sure about that.  What I see outside right now would be a net gain.  It would add crunch but also substance.  The sleet/snow mix does appear to be binding to the lower, now solid surface.  

Are you at Killington?  I kind of think of that as NNE not CNE.  My concerns were more from Berkshire East through Stratton, Mt Snow, Mt Sunapee etc. Honestly I don't really know what any of the ski areas above 2000' might be getting.

32.1 light rain.   Storm winding down. 31.8 to 32.1 for most of the time.

It was rain to freezing rain  with  sleet at times.  No snow not even a mangled  flake that I saw. If temperatures have been half a degree colder we would had a lot of icing but just barely warm enough. Still solid snowpack but after it freezes it's going to be cement. Guessing we're going to end up with a 3 to 5 inch snow cover after tomorrow.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

32.1 light rain.   Storm winding down. 31.8 to 32.1 for most of the event.

It was mostly rain to freezing rain  with  sleet at times.  No snow not even a man gold flake that I saw. If temperatures have been half a degree colder we would had a lot of icing but just barely warm enough. Still solid snowpack but after it freezes it's going to be cement. Guessing we're going to end up with a 3 to 5 inch snow cover after tomorrow.

3-5"???? 

What do you have now?

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

32.1 light rain.   Storm winding down. 31.8 to 32.1 for most of the event.

It was mostly rain to freezing rain  with  sleet at times.  No snow not even a man gold flake that I saw. If temperatures have been half a degree colder we would had a lot of icing but just barely warm enough. Still solid snowpack but after it freezes it's going to be cement. Guessing we're going to end up with a 3 to 5 inch snow cover after tomorrow.

ouch, how much liquid in the bucket today?

Do you have link to Alex webcam?

11 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Hey Mark -

It's in my signature. I'm getting on a flight back from Salt Lake city but I've been following - it's been mostly sleet. It's been accumulating because the deck had been cleared and it's now covered again, but the hard to tell how much accumulation. 

Just now, alex said:

Hey Mark -

It's in my signature. I'm getting on a flight back from Salt Lake city but I've been following - it's been mostly sleet. It's been accumulating because the deck had been cleared and it's now covered again, but the hard to tell how much accumulation. 

Just realized that the signature doesn't show on mobile. Link is 1800cam.ddns.net:8155/stream.jpg

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

3-5"???? 

What do you have now?

Actually with the binoculars and flashlight looking at the snow stick in my front I still have seven and a half inches as of right now. I'm figuring I'm going to lose a few tomorrow if its 40 degrees but maybe I'll end up with more than three to five on the ground after tomorrow's warmth.

21 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Mark if you go back through the thread and find Alex's post he has his weather station and webcam URL right on the bottom. I know he's posted in the last couple of days. It looks to be snowing up there pretty good right now.

Torrential rain for much of my drive from Boston to Bath.  Temp was in the low-mid 40's for until I got to Maine.  From their they tickled down especially once past Portland when it was bouncing 34-35 the rest of the way.

Back at the Pit, it's 33.0 off a high of 33.6*.  That's about as sucky a rain as one can get.

Sugarbush webcam up high shows an accumulating snow for several hours... doesn't look to drifty, either, with the high moisture content. Time will tell.  

another note, does anybody have the link to the BTV VAD wind sounding (or any similar products) on wunderground (or anywhere else?) can't find the thing for the life of it.  

21 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Torrential rain for much of my drive from Boston to Bath.  Temp was in the low-mid 40's for until I got to Maine.  From their they tickled down especially once past Portland when it was bouncing 34-35 the rest of the way.

Back at the Pit, it's 33.0 off a high of 33.6*.  That's about as sucky a rain as one can get.

A lot of 32.01 degree rain tonight.

Archived