Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
C/NNE & Berks? Wintry Mix Jan 3rd/4th

dendrite

7 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Good news is that we've limited the damage. We started with 17" snow depth, and it's down to 15" now, but a meaty 15".

Is the office in Gray, ME?

It looks like a couple tenths of frozen on top of the light. I know it was hovering between 32 and 33 nearly through the entire event at Campton Mtn: http://24.103.196.50/stream.jpg

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNHCAMPT6#history

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Half inch at home this morning pasted to every little twig... 1" at 1,500ft.

Nice to at least end white.

A little less here, though still a solid covering, maybe .25"-.33"?  On the way into work I usually watch the car thermo as it bumps up and down a few degrees as I move up and down in elevation.  Today, it was a steady 32° the entire way.  All in all, this event was less damaging than I had feared, so in my warped weather world view I consider it a victory! A small one yes but a victory nonetheless.

30 minutes ago, mreaves said:

A little less here, though still a solid covering, maybe .25"-.33"?  On the way into work I usually watch the car thermo as it bumps up and down a few degrees as I move up and down in elevation.  Today, it was a steady 32° the entire way.  All in all, this event was less damaging than I had feared, so in my warped weather world view I consider it a victory! A small one yes but a victory nonetheless.

Me too in considering it a victory...no drop in snowpack on the mountain and the yard essentially looked to settle out as that last event of 7.2" was quite fluffy.

I think there should be some decent lake effect streamers mixed with upslope around our areas the next few days so we all have a shot at getting a lucky few inches if a narrow band breaks right.

Lost no snowpack from this event.  After 0.1" of ZR by 8 last evening, we got 1.5" of "stuff" overnight - was IP/ZR mix when I headed to Augusta this morning.  Total LE thru my 6:30 cocorahs report was 0.78", and all but a tenth was in that "stuff" - mainly IP with some pre-midnight SN and all well soaked by the ZR that occasionally mixed in.  Put 3-4" powder atop this and the snowshoeing will be great.

Final Storm Summary.   Rain began late afternoon with temps at 32.3F.  During the early evening temp slowly feel to 31.8F with some glazing.  Mid evening sleet mixed in and during the night temp fell to 31.3F with mostly sleet.  Awoke to 1/2" of sleet and trees lightly glazed.  Looking at the hills there was a good glaze just above my 1100 foot level.

Snowpack really didn't take a hit.  Compacted but then the 1/2" of sleet added a bit.  Total snow at the stake is 7".  Temp is up to 36F but its mostly cloudy.  I thought the pack would take a hit today with the warmer temps but the sleet and freezing rain coating is tough to melt.

glaze.jpg

ice.jpg

Lots of mid 30s rain here--just about .50".  Snowpack is swiss cheese in many spots around the valley towns-still solid few inches at my house though.  Snow pack is hurting anywhere west of the spine through all of VT it seems.

Saw a few cars coming into Manchester this morning from the mountain towns with a sloppy inch on their cars, so probably not much more than 1" or so even in the high spots either.

Archived