SnowHabit
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

Two things I'm noticing this morning:

1.  My zone forecast shows high temperatures predicted Thurs-Sat are now lower than they were.

2.  The SPC 3-7 map has a decent high north of NE sitting there the whole time.  There is no cutter and next Monday there is a 996 storm approaching the TV, although the high looks to be further north, though strong, over Quebec near Hudson.  Doesn't look like a torch, although I don't know if that high will keep the TV storm on a good path for us.  Looks like it could be just a bit of a warm up here for a few days but then Canadian cold starts to press down and meet southern low pressure.  This could be happening by Mon-Tues, not Feb 1.  Am I missing something?  Actually what it missing is cold air.  I wonder if that can trend better for us.

And even if the source region isn't that cold....if we have a strong high in Eastern Canada over top of a deep snowpack, doesn't that not mean radiational cooling, dry air, low dewpoints....all advecting via that High into our region as the storm approaches on the 23rd or 24th? Even if it doesn't look cold, won't it actually verify colder?

I was toying with the idea of cobbling together information for a new thread, ...  titled (perhaps) like, 'experimental: watching the 21st through the 26th for emerging storm signal'

...but, seeing this Model Mayhem thread successfully breach 50 pages... I think we should/could start a new model-based thread and I'll head it off with that content - if there are no objections. .. Kill two birds with one stone.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was toying with the idea of cobbling together information for a new thread, ...  titled (perhaps) like, 'experimental: watching the 21st through the 26th for emerging storm signal'

...but, seeing this Model Mayhem thread successfully breach 50 pages... I think we should/could start a new model-based thread and I'll head it off with that content - if there are no objections. .. Kill two birds with one stone.

Have at it.  New model thread can be give...

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So Tip, I don't have the knowledge you and others have, are you speaking of the upcoming change many are saying gives us greater snow chances going into February? and less of so called torch spells?

Archived