Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem II!

SR Airglow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Wow the NWS mentions static instability caused by the Gulf Stream and arctic airmass over very warm waters south of the benchmark could lead to explosive cyclogenesis.

Well it will. The question is how far out to sea does that happen. I think you'll get snow from both, but wave one might be the better of the two.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

If the NAM and GFS are any signs at all this morning, then I would hold out hope for something significant since I live on Cape Cod for the 00z runs tonight or even 12z runs Friday morning given that a little tweak could get heavy snow into the region.

Only you can get away with this. For the vast majority of the forum hope is fading fast, but the EPS does give you at least a 1 in 5 chance at warning snows from the second wave.

10 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not me....I'm done with the 1-2" front enders.

If you don't get to it fast enough, it ends up a skating rink, and it isn't worth it.

The first few times were fine, but I've had enough of that.

I'd rather an all rain event.

Yup. I was being sarcastic.  Front enders suck almost as much as full on rain in the winter.  Completely useless to me.  Stat padding for snowfall totals isn't worth the front end to rain b.s. 

Archived