Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
WxWatcher007

Model discussion--1/5-1/8 Period of Interest

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Hey, what do you think about the dry air?

marcus lol

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wait, I am confused by your sentence... you would be surprised if precip did start to bloom or you would not be surprised?

Typing too fast. Wouldn't be surprised if precip blossoms in *eastern ky*. 

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

Doesn't that usually mean good news for us re snow? 

Yes.  I just said I feel bad.  As long as we get ours.  I think we need more prisons as long as they build them somewhere else.  

2 minutes ago, RidingTheModelWithMostSnow said:

I knew we should have started a new thread... ever since... the HRRR has reversed itself

Better go to bed then

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Yea, ukie looks good. So cmc and ukie good...Gfs notsogood...euro?

We have to wait an hour just to see the first four frames of the run (hrs 6/12/18/24) lol

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Waiting for the accumulation map to double check... but 00z UKIE looks like 0.3 to 0.4 for DCA

Thank you Yoda for all you do.  No one does the pbp like you.  Best of the best.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Better go to bed then

Yeah, save the panic for tomorrow. There will be plenty of that regardless of the eventual outcome. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I said it the other night--want a combination the NAM/RGEM and then either the Euro or 2 of 3 GFS/CMC/Ukie. Second night in a row we got the bank shot combo of the Canadian and Ukie. 

Need the Euro to shine on us again tonight. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

Thank you Yoda for all you do.  No one does the pbp like you.  Best of the best.

Well thanks :)

But there are others in this thread that also have been posting also do great pbp as well

Ukie looks real good to me. Looks like it just has a straight NE trajectory without the precipitation sliding east at our latitude like a few of the other models.

Gfs is always the weakest the southeest and eastest of every model for every storm. No surprise

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man there's something exciting about being on the edge.   Anywhere from nada to several inches of cold smoke.  Albeit we would all take the blizzard last January over this (Cpt. Obvious)...but we knew it was coming, model consistency 5-7 days out.  Was just a question of how historic...

Granted my 37-year young heart can't take this every time, but it's very interesting in fringe territory.  Roll the dice baby.  Really enjoyed this thread since Tuesday/Wednesday.  Thank you all. 

This is the most fun ever.  My wife just asked me if I was going to talk to her at all.  I handled it.  Digging the hole right now.  

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Its gonna sound crazy but I love the tracking as much as the actual event. Maybe moreso. 

Ha, same here.  I commented on that in the banter thread earlier tonight.  The chase is as fun as the storm for me. :)

UKIE looks great...thanks Yoda!

4 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Its gonna sound crazy but I love the tracking as much as the actual event. Maybe moreso. 

Oh yeah... I had some serious post-partum depression after the blizzard.

FYI--from one of the best mets in NE. 

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Not sure if it was covered or not, you guys added 20+ pages while I was sleeping, but the shortwave was definitely deeper than modeled according to the 00z raobs.

OUN had a height of 544 at H5, neither the GFS or Euro were that deep (and they might have been a hair fast).

This is the most fun ever.  My wife just asked me if I was going to talk to her at all.  I handled it.  Digging the hole right now.  

The time between the nam and gfs is a good time to give you know...attention to your wife...hopefully she is out by 1030

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

FYI--from one of the best mets in NE. 

So that means that the s/w is stronger than forecast and will raise heights higher ahead of the storm/system than earlier thought?

1 minute ago, Ji said:

The time between the nam and gfs is a good time to give you know...attention to your wife...hopefully she is out by 1030

By attention you must mean hearing about her day because most damn sure ain't gonna be feeling another type of attention after we fawned over and talked about NAM rippage. 

Just now, yoda said:

So that means that the s/w is stronger and will raise heights higher ahead of the storm/system?

Yes, I believe so.