Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
WxWatcher007

Model discussion--1/5-1/8 Period of Interest

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro decided to stop toying with us and get on with it. 

Southern energy was decent... northern stream fooked us

5 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I am not talking about you... you obviously know what you are looking at.. I am talking about the people that dont know what they are looking at and just point to the upper levels cause they are in denial.

Got ya. I didn't take it as an insult but thanks for clearing it up. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro decided to stop toying with us and get on with it. 

Guess I should be comparing it to past euro run. I was flipping back and forth between gfs/euro and it's way better then gfs, especially early on but then gets shunted east instead of continuing northeast. It was far more impressive at both h5 and surface then gfs though. Makes no difference for us though. 

Euro is actually similar to the cmc but slightly stronger.  GFS is an outlier with the intensity and speed.

10 minutes ago, PDIII said:

I am not talking about you... you obviously know what you are looking at.. I am talking about the people that dont know what they are looking at and just point to the upper levels cause they are in denial.

You need to find something else to do.

20 minutes ago, PDIII said:

lol.. 500 mb is the map that people point to when the surface doesnt show them what they want to see,

Rayno doesn't know what he's talking about? :huh:

Just now, stormtracker said:

If we're gonna fail, let's do it right.

Still has a few inches at the beaches, but I think that will be gone in another run or 2. I was going to head down there, and I still might, but was hoping for some decent snow.

Chasing ghosts.  This has been fun as I'll be haunted by this fail for a while.   LOL.  Maybe wave 1 flizzard gets some NAM juice at some point to give us more than a powdered donut?

12Z GFS for DCA (Cobb data table)  
170106/0000Z  36  20007KT  35.1F  RASN    0:1| 0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.019    0:1|  0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.02   52|  0| 48
----------------------------------------------+----++-----+-------------++--------------++-------------++-----------+---+---
170106/0300Z  39  20007KT  32.8F  RASN    0:1| 0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.057    0:1|  0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.08   78|  0| 22
170106/0600Z  42  VRB01KT  32.6F  RASN    0:1| 0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.013    0:1|  0.0|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.09   74|  0| 26
170106/0900Z  45  34011KT  31.0F  SNOW   14:1| 0.1|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.010   14:1|  0.1|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.10  100|  0|  0

... perhaps an inch assuming all falls as snow. 

Just now, Scraff said:

Chasing ghosts.  This has been fun as I'll be haunted by this fail for a while.   LOL.  Maybe wave 1 flizzard gets some NAM juice at some point to give us more than a powdered donut?

I have off tomorrow and Friday. I am going to be pouring over the meso models and I will chase that mutha****ing inch of snow.

Ive said this to Randy many times but the North and West shift only happens when it screws us. when we really need it...it always goes south and East. 

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Still has a few inches at the beaches, but I think that will be gone in another run or 2. I was going to head down there, and I still might, but was hoping for some decent snow.

If you mean Va. Beach, then your golden

yea looks like the jet is carrying it straight out to sea.  maybe tomorrow's event will overperform.  at least we'll be cold and dry for a few days.  yay.  not.

whatever happened to that mythical Jan 15 date that everyone couldnt wait for....

2 minutes ago, Suffolkweather said:

That's where Im heading to push snow for the first time this season!

1 minute ago, Suffolkweather said:

Verbatim 12z Euro still has 5" in O.C. MD. I have zero confidence that will verify.

The we are north for southern sliders...too south for miller B;s...and too close to the mountains for clippers applied beautifully this week!

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Verbatim 12z Euro still has 5" in O.C. MD. I have zero confidence that will verify.

Better to have the Euro on your side than the GFS.