Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Nice it will be fun to track and see run to run all week.:)

To be honest, even if these storms don't happen, I just love tracking them and following how different models handle different events, I've been keeping track the last 2 season of each "major" event for the major models at time frames 240/160/84/48/24hrs and hope to have my own score sheet eventually, but I need a much larger sample size still

i basically have a spreadsheet for each and I just throw in the date and what they showed with a snap of the timeframe surface map

3 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

To be honest, even if these storms don't happen, I just love tracking them and following how different models handle different events, I've been keeping track the last 2 season of each "major" event for the major models at time frames 240/160/84/48/24hrs and hope to have my own score sheet eventually, but I need a much larger sample size still

i basically have a spreadsheet for each and I just throw in the date and what they showed with a snap of the timeframe surface map

Very nice. It takes some time and commitment . Everyone will benefit from your efforts. Just as we all benefit from don sutherland record keeping. Kudos to you. :thumbsup::clap:

37 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Interesting that you mention that; the first winter I "officially" tracked was 1995-96, after being disappointed by 1994-1995, and being delighted by 1993-1994, which came after ONE snow day throughout my elementary school years. (1987-1993)

2 minutes ago, North and West of Town said:

Interesting that you mention that; the first winter I "officially" tracked was 1995-96, after being disappointed by 1994-1995, and being delighted by 1993-1994, which came after ONE snow day throughout my elementary school years. (1987-1993)

I'm still pretty young, didn't start really tracking or blogging until 2010 ish, on NYC metro, came here about 4 years ago after that board got stale and very click oriented 

18 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'm still pretty young, didn't start really tracking or blogging until 2010 ish, on NYC metro, came here about 4 years ago after that board got stale and very click oriented 

No problem. Those two mega winters of the 1990s (the only good ones of that decade, sans the March 1993 storm) were in my middle school years. So many snow days in 1994; lots of schools in Morris County were closed for over a week at a time. 

Anyway, the winters since 2000-2001 have been far more exciting for the closer metro area than areas far north and west.

Archived