SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like a long island special, as it has been past few years.. but the south cashes in which they have been  missing out a few times past few years so good for them!

Part of me wants to be happy for them...and I am. However, I can't resist to ask what it would take to get a better phase? Higher PNA ridge, deeper trough, and is the piece north of the lakes squashing the southern steam here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

GFS is still a whiff, but it took a decent shift NW as expected. The first system kicks the baroclinic zone East and their isn't enough spacing between the waves to fully recover. 

Ggem came NW too, our steering piece of energy dropping out of Canada is slower/weaker, allowing the wave to get out ahead and the trough to go neutral, 6-12 hours faster on the wave, or slower on that energy piece in Canada and we're in business... this is still 72+ hours out we have seen shifts crazier than this

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Ggem came NW too, our steering piece of energy dropping out of Canada is slower/weaker, allowing the wave to get out ahead and the trough to go neutral, 6-12 hours faster on the wave, or slower on that energy piece in Canada and we're in business... this is still 72+ hours out we have seen shifts crazier than this

I made the thread for today into both waves

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

There will be a storm this time frame, all models have it, whether we rain or snow is the question, GFS rain job with interior front end snow, GFS city and Long Island crush job

I love seeing the 1040+ HPs over Canada consistently. If we can get the storm under us then something big could pop.

48 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

The Euro is amplified and cuts. Not sure about the UKMET. I wouldn't look into this storm until Wednesday or Thursday. God knows what it'll look like then (if it's even still there).

I think your confusing systems...Euro cuts with 1st storm ( Tuesday/wed) compared to GFS which was showing 84 corridor at 4-6", however euro is an overrunning paste job for just north of NYC for next weekend, which is the storm I wouldn't look into too much till wed/thurs... 

Archived