SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2016-17 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fascinating day regarding temps - a record high today here in NW Chesco (Records from 1894 to Present) 61.8 which eclipses the previous record of 60.0 from 104 years ago back in 1913. 

Also of interest today at my weather station down in Sea Isle City NJ....we recorded a high of 65.6 at 1:02.....but the sea breeze (it does kick in even in the winter) started at 1:10 when the wind swung over to the SSE and temps quickly dropped over 14 degrees in just 40 minutes down to 51.2 

11 hours ago, Redmorninglight said:

I sure hope Feb is rocking. Our school has 4 ski trips planned to the Poconos plus we are doing a 5 night family trip to Killington starting 2/15. Might have to postpone this Sunday's trip to big boulder. It's gotta get better, right?

Conditions were awesome at Bear Creek on Monday

On 1/17/2017 at 2:01 PM, Birds~69 said:

40.9F

Hanging around 40F most of the day w/occasional showers.

I really don't see anything to get even a little excited about for next 10-15+ days. Temps in the 40s and 50s w/a few chances of rain. Boring w/a capital B....

February is going to be rocking. Patience will pay off. By first week of February I'd say we ll have 1 or 2 threats to worry about.  Next mon and Tues is looking pretty good for our NW area for a low warning level event. We may even get an inch or 2 if we can get some colder air to work with.

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

February is going to be rocking. Patience will pay off. By first week of February I'd say we ll have 1 or 2 threats to worry about.  Next mon and Tues is looking pretty good for our NW area for a low warning level event. We may even get an inch or 2 if we can get some colder air to work with.

It just seems nothing is working out right this year. When I see it, I'll believe it. My brain cells are depleting from tracking fantasy day 10 storms....

still 32.2

did I call it on the money yesterday or what.   ^_^

another interesting , borderline situation here tomorrow.     nice radiational cooling will get temps down in the 20's tonight...temps will be slow to rise with the cloud cover....and hovering between 31 and 33 most of the day and night Friday..... the same with the column up to 8,000 feet...and even colder past that.  so even a mix of sleet / snow isn't out of the question initially.  But generally expecting frz rain here tomorrow...and 'maybe' get above freezing early saturday morning.    

for the monday / tuesday event...i'm expecting temps even colder here...with a new High building in.  

34 minutes ago, MGorse said:

:clap:

:)

And another interesting one to look forward to.   (Sunday - Tuesday)   

18z gfs....wow. 

Hoping the wind and light snow screw up the Patriots game plan Sunday Night.

EDIT: and good news, i'll have a new thermometer / humidity / barometer soon..that updates to all.  (Wunderground, etc)  even for others here, it's pretty awesome.  Everything that a weather station has, but just need 1 sensor.   No wind vane needed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ATRHVP0/    
( Ambient Weather WS-0800-IP )

Archived