Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2016-17 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Newman said:

Sun has been shining for about 15 minutes now also. Also, did you get any damage from the storms Saturday at your own house, or are you referring generally to Berks County getting damage? I was lucky enough to escape any damage in my backyard, but the Reading Eagle showed well the damage the storm brought.

Yes I did have a couple trees snapped off @ the tops onto my fence and in the road stopping traffic. 

RAP gets the supercell composite to 12 and sig tor index to 3 which is pretty high for extreme SE PA into S jersey along the delaware river. the squall line should only strengthen as it heads east and into a more favorable environment. extreme SE PA and NJ could actually receive the strengthening thunderstorm in peak heating for once as opposed to the typical Lancaster and west chester.

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

RAP gets the supercell composite to 12 and sig tor index to 3 which is pretty high for extreme SE PA into S jersey along the delaware river. the squall line should only strengthen as it heads east and into a more favorable environment. extreme SE PA and NJ could actually receive the strengthening thunderstorm in peak heating for once as opposed to the typical Lancaster and west chester.

Yeah ... I'm getting a little excited now ... Rarely does a squall line really survive past I-95 in my experience here, so I'm a little excited to be under the strengthening area for once (if we even get the line to strengthen.) The sounding for my area right now (well, 1 PM) looks really nice. Dry air punch should help with the winds, along with steep (for our area) lapse rates.

53C74D6D-D4FC-461F-976A-1D5AAB9EBBBA-31068-00001BFD45AB0084_tmp.png

Just now, Newman said:

Well, that was a joke to be completely honest. Just heavy rain for a couple minutes, not even a puff of wind.

I did have some gusty winds during the hour before it came through but no lightning or thunder or rain more than a couple hundredths of an inch. There's some disorganized rain back in Lancaster County and if the temps stay up over here, then maybe some cells will pop up out of that (unless it's capped or something).

25 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I did have some gusty winds during the hour before it came through but no lightning or thunder or rain more than a couple hundredths of an inch. There's some disorganized rain back in Lancaster County and if the temps stay up over here, then maybe some cells will pop up out of that (unless it's capped or something).

Had gusty winds here as well (guessing 30+) off and on, since about noon. Saw it falling apart on radar as it approached - seen that before, thought it might be different this time. When the "line" came through, we got a shower and just a little breeze. 67F currently.

Archived