Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2016-17 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

If you are an avid sport fishermen and are a chef that does alot of outdoor grilling for various events, this is worth a thumbs up. Just wish this fog would clear. Aside from a fluke March slop snow that will melt in 12 hours or so, this winter is done for all intents and purposes. Focus has shifted to outdoor activities :-)

Probably doing the French Creek opening day....April 1st. This winter sucked....

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably doing the French Creek opening day....April 1st. This winter sucked....

Nice! I've been more of a river guy in March April past few years and go for the big striped bass when they run up river. Then late April May I move to the lower Delaware Bay beaches then to the surf mid-May to finish the striper run. Early June I have a honey hole that feeds into the Delaware River that consistently gives up 15-25+ pound catties. Did the trout and LMB thing for a while, but every year I go back and forth irt what species to target and religiously go after whatever it is I'm looking for. Mid summer I head to another good hole in South Jersey and go after summer flounder. August and very early Sept I tend to hang low and prepare my gear for the mullet (not the haircut) down the shore. Bring a cast net, load up with fresh bait, then catch bluefish after bluefish and a striper here and there. Last year I landed a few red drum in late October which was different. We should hook up sometime. Tight lines chap.

72F Awesome May day here

In other news after putting some dents into the drought fall-winter, February has been quite dry we keep missing everything it reminds me of last year. Today's GFS a good example of avoiding just about every chance for significant moisture the next two weeks. Won't take much to slip back into moderate drought conditions. Weather Worlds wet 30 day outlook out a week ago is not looking so hot.

2 hours ago, Redmorninglight said:

Right when I want it least we will now be the cold spot in our region and will likely be for next 2 months.  In the 50s here with a sea breeze. 

Got my fill of snow last week in Killington. Boy did we luck out!

Hope you enjoyed the ski trip.  I have a cousin who used to go there all the time (he grew up in NH so he and his buddies would hop over there all the time).

Maxed out just after 3:30 @ 73F.  Will be interesting to see how warm we get tomorrow with the approach of the cold front.  It will depend on whether any fog/stratus hangs around too long before the front gets here.

7 hours ago, Voyager said:

Hit 75 today here in the coal region...

My mother is from the "coal cracker" town of Ashland, PA...her father worked in the mine. Right below/near "Centralia" which is one freaky ghost town! Took her on the "Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine & Steam Train" in Ashland a few years back...area hasn't really changed from what I remember as a kid?

62.3F...T-shirt on.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

My mother is from the "coal cracker" town of Ashland, PA...her father worked in the mine. Right below/near "Centralia" which is one freaky ghost town! Took her on the "Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine & Steam Train" in Ashland a few years back...area hasn't really changed from what I remember as a kid?

My dad once said (he was from Bethlehem) that Tamaqua, and the rest of the coal region in general, hasn't changed much since the 1950's when he came up here with his high school basketball team.

up to 75 here. dew point is up to 59 here as well and full sunshine.  really decent instability in place for February. that coupled with the squall line that was shown on several models, and im really liking the severe threat today. good chance many areas get their first thunderstorm of the year. these February events tend to overperform wind wise as well with strong cold fronts. this evening should be interesting.

Archived