SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2016-17 OBS Thread

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fascinating observation today when I saw icicles hanging at an angle off the Eve's of a house like the house had been tilted or from anti gravity. Perfect circumstances from the combination of yesterday's melt, cold air advecting in and sustained high winds. Sure enough on further observation it happened in many places.

6 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

:thumbsup: 

SO, SO true.....just beautiful, last night was serene with the full moon casting vivid tree shadows dramatically contrasting with the pristine, fresh fallen snow ❄️ 

Took another stroll before dawn this morning (5:30am-ish)...not only is it cool to look at but muffles the noise level down a notch or two.

9 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Took a walk and seeing a snow cover in the dark made me normal again...relaxing.

6 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

:thumbsup: 

SO, SO true.....just beautiful, last night was serene with the full moon casting vivid tree shadows dramatically contrasting with the pristine, fresh fallen snow ❄️ 

Jeb walk. :lol:

Was looking at the setting "Full Snow Moon" this morning. Was surprised to see it as I figured there would still be enough cold air advection clouds to completely block it, but it managed to shine through.   Unfortunately there was still enough of a high cloud deck to torpedo the idea of spotting Comet 45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdušáková. :axe:

Archived