SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

3 minutes ago, Tucker1027 said:

20z HRRR has the low a little more out in the Atlantic.... weird 

2 minutes ago, Tucker1027 said:

I also have a question... The precip back in Texas isn't showing up on the HRRR what could that me or is it just handling it poorly ?

Does the HRRR even show snow depth? I don't see the option on pivotal weather. Perhaps the snow in Texas is to dissapate soon.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JayCee said:

Feeling pumped over my way, but I hope as many as possible in this forum get a good thump of snow tonight.  I THINK I'm sitting in a good place in eastern Sevier Co.  I had one wave come through about 2 hours ago and lay a good coating of white down.

A friend just dropped off a little happy water for me...so I'm ready!  :thumbsup:  The only thing that would make it perfect would be timing.  It's much more fun to watch a snowstorm during the day, cause you can actually see it!  I'll have all my porch lights turned on for sure.

Ha yeah i'm jealous of your location.  Though I'm happy with my forecast amount of 1-3"  I'm happy with a couple of inches though, got a good dusting this morning.  I as well have some happy water and wish it wasn't a night snow too.  It is nice to watch it and enjoy it during the day.  

10 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Ha yeah i'm jealous of your location.  Though I'm happy with my forecast amount of 1-3"  I'm happy with a couple of inches though, got a good dusting this morning.  I as well have some happy water and wish it wasn't a night snow too.  It is nice to watch it and enjoy it during the day.  

Here's to you getting 3 instead of 1!  :pepsi:

3 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

18z RGEM will be further northwest with the precip shield vs. its 12z run.  This one might be a good run for east TN.

Good news.  I'd like to see everyone from the Plateau east to get clocked good.  We missed a big one last year.

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Yep!!!  Very Very nice RGEM and it is further northwest with at least precip shield.  I am still riding it all the way to the snow bank....

I noticed radar returns starting to increase just to your southwest.  Hopefully, you'll see some light flakage soon!

I'm nervous being in their yellow band...  Hopeful the RGEM wins the day with the snow stretching back onto the plateau.  I've seen the RGEM pull through many times before this close to an event.

That tweet was just a few min ago but the graph was the same at 10:30 this AM. They might update that later. I'm in the yellow also in N Knox Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Vol Man said:

Wow...Mark Reynolds and the WJHL in house model still showing a max of 2" for TRI, if that. This would be a great coup for him and their computer.

1 minute ago, Vol Man said:

Wow...Mark Reynolds and the WJHL in house model still showing a max of 2" for TRI, if that. This would be a great coup for him and their computer.

please no...

WCYB is rolling w 2-5" for NE TN valleys and 3-7" in the immediate foothills.  Says wind chills Sunday AM will be below zero. Had Boone's w/c at -17 Sunday AM.  Actual temps for NE TN and SW VA Sunday AM are projected in the low single digits.  Good luck to everyone.  Great to see all of the new members and posters!  

3 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

WCYB is rolling w 2-5" for NE TN valleys and 3-7" in the immediate foothills.  Says wind chills Sunday AM will be below zero. Had Boone's w/c at -17 Sunday AM.  Actual temps for NE TN and SW VA Sunday AM are projected in the low single digits.  Good luck to everyone.  Great to see all of the new members and posters!  

Trying to learn and understand models along with a huge desire for a snowstorm. I will still be floating around afterward I can assure you. Even when things are mild and sunny for weeks at a time haha.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived