joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's looking like there will be a narrow area somewhere in the valley that gets missed by both the round today and tomorrow. The only thing giving me any reassurance now is the fact that precip  shields from gulf systems are frequently under-done by the models. In fact the snow falling now is going to be heavier than shown on the 12z NAM. 

1 minute ago, Runman292 said:

snku_acc.us_ov (2).png

As of now this map is much more accurate on totals from Memphis to Hardeman county.  I work in collierville which is just south of memphis city limits and it snowed the whole way from Harderman county to Collierville.  The snow got heavier as I got closer to memphis and it is now coming down heavy in collierville.  There is at least an Inch on the ground already,  Roads were pretty bad as well.  

Yeah it was like ok, We'll start it now. I'm kinda right on the eastern edge of the band though. I'm not getting the good rates that areas just to my west and north are. I have light snow, but the roads are wet (probably icing up since it's 26 degrees.)

Yeah it was like ok, We'll start it now. I'm kinda right on the eastern edge of the band though. I'm not getting the good rates that areas just to my west and north are. I have light snow, but the roads are wet (probably icing up since it's 26 degrees.)

Per an AFD update, their main concern is how quickly road conditions will deteriorate along and north of I-40. HRRR shows this band weakening by mid afternoon, but we'll see. It's holding together well thus far. Should be an interesting commute this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1234 has a Euro subscription but I think he's out trying to buy all the bags of salt that are available in his town.

LOL!!! That's hilarious. Actually I've not bought any salt I've got some from last year. Sorry my eyelids managed to contract before the 0z Euro. I'm really putting that subscription to good use. I'm a little surprised by this first wave.

1 minute ago, dwagner88 said:

Looks like the higher resolution runs are being too stingy with this first band in middle and west TN. 

I am just north of Nashville and have close to a 1/2 I know it is not much but it is concerning with the remaining system to our southwest for the current system, the one that was suppose to stay well south of I-40 to be putting down as much as it has already.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived