joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have been missing out.  Great shows like 1234 mentioned.  Very relaxed atmosphere...just talk weather.  But some seriously smart minds doing that show.  They have forgotten more than most know.  Happens once or twice a year w big east coast storms.

Where is this usually at? Internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this verifies, and we've went from the GFS showing a huge storm, then most models showing a complete miss, then back to seeing a sizable snow via the NAM--it will be one to remember.  Now that RGEM has joined the fray, I'm feeling a sense of Zen.  Sigh....^_^

th?&id=OIP.kR-SFZf20vsRNkxiGhAN3wEsCo&w=299&h=168&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

3 minutes ago, zippity said:

I'm confused how he mentions he doesn't trust qpf for Eastern TN then says guaranteed big snows and mentions East TN....  Hmmm... Unless he means he thinks they qpf being advertised it lower than what he thinks could be.

Just now, ShawnEastTN said:

I'm confused how he mentions he doesn't trust qpf for Eastern TN then says guaranteed big snows and mentions East TN....  Hmmm... Unless he means he thinks they qpf being advertised it lower than what he thinks could be.

When I first read it, I was a little confused as well. However, when I read it a second time, I believe he is saying that the qpf in East TN, NGa, etc is under done on the models and he expects bigger totals in these areas compared to what is being modeled.

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

The big guys seem really skeptical for east tn, mark reynolds echoed such sentiments.  However, if we get the gfs and euro on board than surely they are keying on something

GFS backs off on totals for most of the area, not too bad through. I don't know if it's right, as it's the only model now showing it's track. It's depth of cold air and it's not likely to be able to see the mesoscale features that will guide this one the rest of it's cycle as well as the hi-res models.

You sure it's not better? I believe it is for Knoxville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

GFS backs off on totals for most of the area, not too bad through. I don't know if it's right, as it's the only model now showing it's track. It's depth of cold air and it's not likely to be able to see the mesoscale features that will guide this one the rest of it's cycle as well as the hi-res models.

poLp5as.jpg

Interesting to see but we are in hi-res territory now.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived