joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paul Barys from WRCB in Chattanooga just said in a radio interview the NWS has gone hog wild... doesn't know why they have the totals they have. kinda surprised m he would be that vocal against them. ( He was talking about Peachtree and Morristown)

That's a great way to improve public perception and trust in meteorology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tucker1027 said:

Paul Barys from WRCB in Chattanooga just said in a radio interview the NWS has gone hog wild... doesn't know why they have the totals they have. kinda surprised m he would be that vocal against them. ( He was talking about Peachtree and Morristown)

All I can guess is they are trying to keep continuity or they have something we can't see.  But Mr Bob raised the question...and he can see a lot we can't.  Even further out on a limb...maybe they have some software that is predicting trends.  But like John said, looks like they went with the watch and may scale back to an advisory.  They have taken a bunch of criticism (I think unfairly) over the wind situation in Gatlinburg.  Prob just using caution.  

1 minute ago, Vol4Life said:

The track of the storm on 18z GFS was a tick NW again.  However, the precip field didn't reflect that for some reason.

That is how I saw it.  On Tropical Tidbits, you can toggle the same time frame between runs.  Looked to me like it was a tad less sharp to our north.  There is also less accumulation in Delaware. That extra lean towards the NE coast is the signal for a storm that doesn't back as much.  My guess is that northern piece that streaks across northern MS and AL is not as strong on thus run.  

On January 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM, John1122 said:

I definitely think you guys east of here should have one. I think SWVa to Tri to Pigeon Forge has almost locked down 2+ at this point. Good chance that Knox to Morristown is also there. 

So, I say let's put them in the observation thread.  If we are still showing something at 0z...maybe somebody can post an one thread...unless somebody wants to now.  That happy hour GFS has me cautious.

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived