Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Reb said:

Euro snow here is mostly on the first wave looks to me like...

Agree.  I am not sure we see higher rates on the first wave.  Very similar to the CMC.

John, when does the energy come ashore.  Looks like tomorrow AM.  New data might not be in the system until tomorrow night at the earliest, right?  Seems like these systems that originate in the Pacific just don't get sampled as well as systems that originate in the northern stream.  I could be wrong.  IMO, still a ways to go with a system that is +72 hrs from here and the pieces are not all on the continent.  I suspect one more big shift once it gets sampled well once over the US.

Euro temps are dicey at best for anyone in the Great Valley....moreso south. Euro does not really slam the cold air down until nightfall Fri...tough to get the cold air down into the valley to seal the deal....but all speculation as next run will be different. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Bob said:

Euro temps are dicey at best for anyone in the Great Valley....moreso south. Euro does not really slam the cold air down until nightfall Fri...tough to get the cold air down into the valley to seal the deal....but all speculation as next run will be different. 

Noticed the "warm-up" as well, especially in NC.  You mentioned earlier this has been happening all winter with other systems.  Is there a possibility the modeled system comes a bit north in response to the temp profile?  Is the front slower and/or trough more shallow? Just seems like system precip migrates to the frontal boundary.

10 minutes ago, monoptn said:

What in the world has happened to Stovepipe?  

I see him lurking in the list of members logged in...good to see you posting.  I noticed you as well.  Need more middle TN posters. What you got on this system. Stovepipe?  I hope we get to bring out the Dr No pic this winter. Kvskelton, hope we see him post as well.

22 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

I see him lurking in the list of members logged in...good to see you posting.  I noticed you as well.  Need more middle TN posters. What you got on this system. Stovepipe?  I hope we get to bring out the Dr No pic this winter. Kvskelton, hope we see him post as well.

I've been here for years reading, just don't ever post.  I have nothing to add to the discussions, I just pick the best clown map and hope that it comes to fruition!  

1 minute ago, Wurbus said:

I don't have access to the Euro, but it sounds like the EPS was all over the place based on other forums. The mean did increase snow totals a little bit for the TN valley, but it sounds like there were lots of misses too.

I just looked at the possible low locations.  They were similar to the UKMET.  Nothing overwhelming in terms of divergence.  Maybe a bit slower and slightly west.

3 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

I just looked at the possible low locations.  They were similar to the UKMET.  Nothing overwhelming in terms of divergence.  Maybe a bit slower and slightly west.

Thanks, Do you know if the increase for the mean was mostly due to the first wave or a few big dog solutions?

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived