Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

9 minutes ago, deathstar9 said:

This is actually my favorite storm in ages.  It's now going on 18 hrs since the snow start and the winds have been consistently 20-25 mph sustained with gusts to 45-50 mph for 6-7 straight hrs.

Your location states Boulder CO lol.. Where are you located?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snywx said:

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

I'm in Garrison (Putnam county) up in the hills.  Should change the location, moved back east 4 years ago.

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

I'll say when I was in the heart of the snowband it was some of the best blizzard conditions I have ever seen. 

Strongly agree, it felt like the beginning of Rudolph when the elves are getting blown around and shingles are flying off. Another couple hours of that and I'd be downright euphoric. 

Just now, gravitylover said:

Flipped back to snow a little while ago and coming down nicely now.  Looks like it's gonna dry out soon though but hopefully that tail end will pivot in here overnight and drop a few more inches before it pulls out in the morning.

Hoping for that nice tail end to deliver more icing on a huge cake 

41 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Possible, but that area actually gets a small shadowing/ downslope type effect from time to time from the higher ridges to the west and east depending on the flow.

I know port jervis gets shadowed but I would have thought Milford does well. Milford is quite elevated. My buddy lives in Milford and I believe his elevation is 1500'

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

I know port jervis gets shadowed but I would have thought Milford does well. Milford is quite elevated. My buddy lives in Milford and I believe his elevation is 1500'

Depends on what is defined as "Milford" lol. The actual town only sits at 400 to 500 feet along the Delaware river and can be a real snow hole. However, the Milford mailing address extends up the mountain by me, Dingmans/Delaware townships. Elevations ranging from 1,000' to 1,600' feet on average, so yes there is massive differences within 5 to 10 miles at times for sure with snow amounts.

2 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

Depends on what is defined as "Milford" lol. The actual town only sits at 400 to 500 feet along the Delaware river and can be a real snow hole. However, the Milford mailing address extends up the mountain by me, Dingmans/Delaware townships. Elevations ranging from 1,000' to 1,600' feet on average, so yes there is massive differences within 5 to 10 miles at times for sure with snow amounts.

Just like "Middletown" lol.. I have a Middletown address but no where near downtown Middletown/Walkill. Closer to Greenville. I think there is 4 or 5 school districts that overlap with a Middletown address.

Archived