SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing Rain Advisory is up for NWNJ and the Poconos.

Courtesy: Mt Holly

... Freezing Rain Advisory in effect from 8 am to 2 PM EST
Monday... 

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Freezing
Rain Advisory... which is in effect from 800 am until 200 PM
Monday.

* Locations... the Pocono region of Pennsylvania... and Sussex
  County in New Jersey.

* Hazard type... freezing rain.

* Ice accumulations... a light glaze of a few hundredths of an
  inch.

* Timing... light snow and sleet are forecast to move into the
  region toward daybreak on Monday. The precipitation is expected
  to change quickly to freezing rain. The light freezing rain
  should continue through the morning hours... especially in the
  elevated terrain. Temperatures are anticipated to rise above
  freezing by mid afternoon.

* Temperatures... in the upper 20s near daybreak on Monday rising
  into the middle 30s by mid afternoon.

* Impacts... the freezing rain may create hazardous travel
  conditions. Untreated roads and walkways may become ice covered
  and slippery.

* Outlook... another round of light freezing rain is possible from
  Monday night into early Tuesday morning... mainly in the elevated
  terrain.

Precautionary/preparedness actions... 

This Freezing Rain Advisory means that a period of freezing rain
may cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads.
Slow down and use extra caution while driving.

Iovino

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Welp.... broke my ankle and tore 2 ligaments on the job last night, so I don't think I'll be enjoying any snowfall that comes our way for the next several weeks....... could winters up here get any worse

That really sucks and reminded me of something.  We talk about folks being emotionally connected to the weather and I'd say most of us here are in one way or another.  Some folks let that connection drastically dictate their mood one way or the other.  That said, I've had various challenges in my life at different times that prevented me from fully enjoying a good event.  For example, the Feb 14 storm that we were talking about last week, I didn't fully appreciate that storm as much at the time because of a breakup I was going through.  The late Feb 2010 snowicane I enjoyed until I lost power and didn't get it back for close to four days, what a pain in the ass that became.  What this has to do with anything?  I have no idea, just an observation from me.  Anyway, feel better.  I'll go back to poking fun and making bad jokes now.  Carry on.       

12 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

That really sucks and reminded me of something.  We talk about folks being emotionally connected to the weather and I'd say most of us here are in one way or another.  Some folks let that connection drastically dictate their mood one way or the other.  That said, I've had various challenges in my life at different times that prevented my from fully enjoying a good event.  For example, the Feb 14 storm that we were talking about last week, I didn't fully appreciate that storm as much at the time because of a breakup I was going through.  The late Feb 2010 snowicane I enjoyed until I lost power and didn't get it back for close to four days, what a pain in the ass that became.  What this has to do with anything?  I have no idea, just an observation from me.  Anyway, feel better.  I'll go back to poking fun and making bad jokes now.  Carry on.       

Yep, the Dec of 2000 was like that for me. Was in a very bad car accident on rt 6 up by woodbury early that month, and although i was banged up but ok, the people i was with were in real bad shape. Dont remember much of that season at all. Kinda helped me forget march of 01 though lol

Welp.... broke my ankle and tore 2 ligaments on the job last night, so I don't think I'll be enjoying any snowfall that comes our way for the next several weeks....... could winters up here get any worse

Hope your duck quacks. Lol

Sorry to hear bro.. Hey atleast you get to track everything now! lol..  Feel better!

13 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Yep, the Dec of 2000 was like that for me. Was in a very bad car accident on rt 6 up by woodbury early that month, and although i was banged up but ok, the people i was with were in real bad shape. Dont remember much of that season at all. Kinda helped me forget march of 01 though lol

Dec 2000 I enjoyed thoroughly but then personally things went to crap at the end of Feb 2001 so I fortunately don't remember much about March 2001 either LOL 

2 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Ouch.  that really sucks. Hoping for a speedy recovery for ya.  Hang in there. Tough way to get a vacation.

3 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

That sucks.... Sorry to hear. You'll be out making snowmen in no time. At least now you'll have no excuse not to stay up late for the model runs. Get well....

Archived