Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2017 at 7:27 PM, Animal said:

as Irish luck would have it.

Boom tending to my grill..I see white stuff in the air.

On 4/7/2017 at 7:27 PM, Animal said:

as Irish luck would have it.

Boom tending to my grill..I see white stuff in the air.

On 4/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, West Mtn NY said:

Flurries been flying IMBY on and off since 5pm

On 4/7/2017 at 8:32 PM, gravitylover said:

Heavy flurries/lt snow. Patting myself on the back for spotting it this morning :)

14 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It was definitely elevation affected.  I drove around a little bit and when I dropped below about 600 it was just a cold rain but above 700 it was all snow.  No accumulation but it came down fairly hard for a little while and was nice to see.  It won't bother me if it's the last flakes for the season.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, Juliancolton said:

Drizzling here at 600' but snowing just up the road at 800'. Harumph. 38F

Any accumulations?  Even just a dusting?  Looks like the snow occurred at or above 700 ft and was over by midnight?   It's the Anniversary of the April 7, 2003 snowstorm where we received 8" (both Monticello and the South Shore of Long Island got that, which is unusual.)  The Yankee home opener was snowed out and they played it the next day when Matsui hit his historic home opener grand slam (the only thing better was his last game as a Yankee when he hit 2 HR and drove in 6 runs and was the World Series MVP in 2009 even though he only played in 3 games since he was the DH- the first time a DH ever won that award.)  I also enjoyed the April 9, 1996 home opener (Andy Pettitte pitched in both openers) when the Yankees played the entire game through a moderate to heavy snow (we got 5" here in that one but parts of Long Island had over a foot.)  Johnny Damon looked like a baby in that game lol and snow was accumulating on Andy Pettitte's cap!

5 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I faired fairly well with the windows closed during the day and then opened up at night. Today I'll leave them open as the cooler air advances in our direction 

Yep, tossed in a window fan and it started getting comfortable pretty quickly. What was your high yesterday? I made it up to 87

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

Yep, tossed in a window fan and it started getting comfortable pretty quickly. What was your high yesterday? I made it up to 87

That's a damn good question, I know the airport hit 88 but I didn't check my PNS, I'll look later and get back to you.  I wouldn't be shocked if it was warmer than 88 since if conditions are just right early in the season it runs a bit warm.

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

That's a damn good question, I know the airport hit 88 but I didn't check my PNS, I'll look later and get back to you.  I wouldn't be shocked if it was warmer than 88 since if conditions are just right early in the season it runs a bit warm.

90 for the high yesterday, .06" in the bucket today. 

Great baseball/BBQ weather!  Anyone have any idea how warm Danbury, CT and Scranton-Wilkes Barre, PA got?

BTW did anyone record any frozen precip this morning?  It looked like some mix or snow was falling early this morning in NE PA, NW NJ and adjacent NYS.

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

When, Tuesday?  I'm ~20 minutes from Danbury and the warmest I saw was low 80's but I wasn't really paying close attention.

No precip here at all this morning.

Yeah I looked it up and looks like the heat was centered from POU to about MGJ.

Maybe someone will hit 90 on Easter.

What was that stuff on radar late last night/early this morning?

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Yeah I looked it up and looks like the heat was centered from POU to about MGJ.

Maybe someone will hit 90 on Easter.

What was that stuff on radar late last night/early this morning?

I didn't see the radar last night or this morning, but perhaps some sort of clutter?  I wasn't aware of any precip, but there certainly could have been.

I love having Easter in Mid-April, and Sunday's weather couldn't be much better.

Just now, JerseyWx said:

I didn't see the radar last night or this morning, but perhaps some sort of clutter?  I wasn't aware of any precip, but there certainly could have been.

I love having Easter in Mid-April, and Sunday's weather couldn't be much better.

Easter 1976- we hit 96!  I was too young to remember it.

57 minutes ago, Paragon said:

But the humidity was low lol.  I do remember the April 2002 heatwave which occurred on almost the same dates.

April warmth is nice because the humidity is usually low (compared to the Summer or late Spring).  Still, 96° is a bit excessive for me that early.

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The last of the snow on the tubing hill melted yesterday and as of now I am below normal for rainfall for the month, I have 1.97" with the averages showing 2.34" for this date.  That's all I have, carry on.

Keep the rain away till sunday plz

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Keep the rain away till sunday plz

"My" golf course opened last Thursday but when I walked it a few days before that there were a number of really wet spots.  Just walking around the park yesterday I was still seeing wet and muddy spots but the actual numbers don't lie.  That said, there are also parts that are cracked and begging for water. 

34 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

"My" golf course opened last Thursday but when I walked it a few days before that there were a number of really wet spots.  Just walking around the park yesterday I was still seeing wet and muddy spots but the actual numbers don't lie.  That said, there are also parts that are cracked and begging for water. 

Played mansion ridge about 10 days ago, was in really good shape. Anything on the tops of the hills obviously handled all the early rain better. Gonna be in the poconos this weekend. Thurs looks iffy but fri and sat look decent.

Another dreary day.  I used to like springtime...

Hey if you guys want to see what a high school mt bike races is all about come by Lippman Park in Wawarsing tomorrow.  There will be a couple of hundred kids racing and doing healthy things.  My daughter will be on her new race bike and is hoping to crush the varsity girls category.

Archived