Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

19.0 inches but it is snowing heavy right now and from the radar you would not think it. It's been like this the last half hour.

Looks like sleet kept your totals down somewhat. Cant believe the mix line made it that far. We got lucky here on the western side of the county. It lightened up somewhat but never mixed

I never got good snow growth. Every time it looked like it was coming, it backed down to smaller sized flakes . Even in the city before the flip, they had silver dollar parachutes. Not a one here. I'd surely be over 2' with even average sized flakes. Glad I went out and got the first foot of fluff with the blower this morning. Whats out there now is twice as heavy and dense

8 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Nothing but pixie dust the last 3 hours, other than a brief shower of pingers.  Killed the totals.  15" otg.  Had a 3 hour bust of good heavy snow.

my son just texted me pic of his parking lot at Binghamton.  Buried.

Agreed, radar even starting to look semi decent but it's not happening down here. Pixie dust since 1030

I'm so disappointed and thoroughly exhausted.  I got between 12-14 before the flip to sleet at 11am and it's still sleeting.  There is easily 4-5" of pure sleet and this stuff is back breaking to move.  I spent 2 hours on the plow pile and the drift behind it and only got halfway across the driveway because it was one load at a time and toss it onto head hig snowbanks.  Thankfully the neighbors plow guy took pity on me and moved the last half as he cleared a slot by the mailboxes.  The entire 80' length of my driveway is head to overhead high banks.  Unfortunately it's still sleeting heavily so I'm far from done clearing this stuff and the town plow is bound to come by again because the street is impassable to anything with less than 8" clearance and AWD/4WD, there are even 2 Subarus stuck further down the street.  I never expected so much sleet out of this storm, totally wrecked my day :( 

Just now, gravitylover said:

I'm so disappointed and thoroughly exhausted.  I got between 12-14 before the flip to sleet at 11am and it's still sleeting.  There is easily 4-5" of pure sleet and this stuff is back breaking to move.  I spent 2 hours on the plow pile and the drift behind it and only got halfway across the driveway because it was one load at a time and toss it onto head hig snowbanks.  Thankfully the neighbors plow guy took pity on me and moved the last half as he cleared a slot by the mailboxes.  The entire 80' length of my driveway is head to overhead high banks.  Unfortunately it's still sleeting heavily so I'm far from done clearing this stuff and the town plow is bound to come by again because the street is impassable to anything with less than 8" clearance and AWD/4WD, there are even 2 Subarus stuck further down the street.  I never expected so much sleet out of this storm, totally wrecked my day :( 

Sorry man.  I hear you.  Stay safe. 

8 minutes ago, Animal said:

Moderate snow falling again.

Stella keeps popping 

I wonder how you guys out west keep seeing her redevelop and nothing can even last to be a spritzer when it gets just 20 miles east in Rockland. Nothing falling from the sky currently. The straight dryness since 1130  has left a sour taste in what was a good storm. 

1 minute ago, Heavy Wet Snow said:

I wonder how you guys out west keep seeing her redevelop and nothing can even last to be a spritzer when it gets just 20 miles east in Rockland. Nothing falling from the sky currently. The straight dryness since 1130  has left a sour taste in what was a good storm. 

How can you be 15 minutes west of me and have nothing coming down for the last 5 hours?  I've had pure sleet/frzdz since 11am.  Wanna see a mess?  C'mon over.  Bring beer :) 

6 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

How can you be 15 minutes west of me and have nothing coming down for the last 5 hours?  I've had pure sleet/frzdz since 11am.  Wanna see a mess?  C'mon over.  Bring beer :) 

Oh no I had some  sleet from 11 until 2. I've had nothing but pixie dust since about 2. I snow blowed at 230 and my driveway is still bare. About 1/2 inch of pellets /dust since 2. Prob about 1.5 inches of sleet and dust on top of the 13 inches of snow I had. I'm telling you it has been bone dry here since 230. I think hitman can vouche for that. 

8 minutes ago, Heavy Wet Snow said:

Oh no I had some  sleet from 11 until 2. I've had nothing but pixie dust since about 2. I snow blowed at 230 and my driveway is still bare. About 1/2 inch of pellets /dust since 2. Prob about 1.5 inches of sleet and dust on top of the 13 inches of snow I had. I'm telling you it has been bone dry here since 230. I think hitman can vouche for that. 

It's like non accumulating sand here.

4 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

On a torrid and sultry day in a few months, I am going to miss today like heck.  

I'm good with it.  Would have preferred a few more hours ripping heavy aggregates and a memorable total, but it beats a day of the office.  And I'm driving up to vt tomorrow to ski so all is well.

46 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

This is one heck of a storm and no way am I going to be down because Bingham jackpotted and we got "screwed" by a very west track.  God, most of us have between 1--2 feet with the entire landscape looking like the tundra.  Deep snow everywhere with high drifts.  I am absolutely thrilled!  

We didn't get screwed lol.. cmon man

This is/was an awesome storm

20 minutes ago, Heavy Wet Snow said:

Strange, I'm about 5-6 miles NW of you in Garrison (450 ft elevation) we have been been getting consistent sleet and small grain snow on howling wind for the last 3 hrs.  Probably 1.5-2" new in that time.

Total so far is roughly 18-20" depending on measurement spot.  Drifting is intense.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

Looks like sleet kept your totals down somewhat. Cant believe the mix line made it that far. We got lucky here on the western side of the county. It lightened up somewhat but never mixed

Without a doubt. We went to a mostly sleet with some snow mix for two hours. I'm sure I lost at least 3 inches of snow from that.

At 19.5 now, I just want to break that 20. I haven't seen that since the Valentines Day 2014 storm.

I know this sounds greedy but who gives a sh!t, if this was 50 miles east we get our 30+

Archived