Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

That happened to me in 93 thanks to work, I crashed once I got home and slept through the second half of the storm. 

I woke up at around 3 am for 96, thinking the winds would be a once in a lifetime event. Coulda slept till 10 am and saw the same damn thing lol

1 hour ago, NepaJames8602 said:

I've waited forever for a monster like this in the Poconos to come to fruition, and luck would have it, I'm gone out of the area until next week lol. First time Binghamton Nws issued a blizzard warning since 2001 for anyone in the cwa, and the first time since 1993 "I BELIEVE" for the Poconos. Enjoy it folks, please upload photos. We've waited for a true interior monster like this forever!

James! Can't believe you are gonna miss this one. 

Doesn't it figure, last night I woke up with a raw throat and all day today it's been getting worse.  I've had chicken soup 3 times and eaten half a clove of garlic :) I feel like **** but know I'm gonna go out and revel in the snow tomorrow.  Gonna do a shot or three now to knock myself out so I can at least be awake during the storm.  Might feel like shat but I'll be immersed in it and creating memories.

1 minute ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I put up another yardstick in an area that is wind protected and usually does not get drifting, just for s*its and giggles. Actually, I made one out of a 5 foot furring board. Hope it's tall enough  ;) LOL 

I have a yardstick screwed to a stake in the ground that I leave up all winter.   On the other side of the yard I marked the 2x2 that I have my Stratus mounted on. We'll see how they do tomorrow, with the wind though its going to be hard to get accurate measurements. I started planning next years new snowstake last week, LOL

14 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I have a yardstick screwed to a stake in the ground that I leave up all winter.   On the other side of the yard I marked the 2x2 that I have my Stratus mounted on. We'll see how they do tomorrow, with the wind though its going to be hard to get accurate measurements. I started planning next years new snowstake last week, LOL

I have a shadow box fence around the back yard so I wanted to place another stick away from the fence since the wind will pass thru it. We'll see what pans out tomorrow. The latest SREFs is showing around 2" of QPF up the Hudson River area all the way up to KALB.

3 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I have a shadow box fence around the back yard so I wanted to place another stick away from the fence since the wind will pass thru it. We'll see what pans out tomorrow. The latest SREFS is showing around 2" of QPF up the Hudson River area all the way up to KALB.

Yeah, saw that.  This is gonna be great old buddy!

4 minutes ago, Northwest NJ said:

Yep definitely light snow and deck starting to get covered.  I spotted a large bear  today close to route 517/94 around  7PM.  I wonder if they can sense the storm and he was looking for food.  I sensed the storm and got a couple of cases of beer today - lol

What's up neighbor!

I live on the western side of town. About 6-7 miles east of Augusta.

4 hours ago, NepaJames8602 said:

I've waited forever for a monster like this in the Poconos to come to fruition, and luck would have it, I'm gone out of the area until next week lol. First time Binghamton Nws issued a blizzard warning since 2001 for anyone in the cwa, and the first time since 1993 "I BELIEVE" for the Poconos. Enjoy it folks, please upload photos. We've waited for a true interior monster like this forever!

too bad ( I drove straight to my sister's place in Jim Thorpe, PA - right next to Albrightsville) - place is on Lake Drive near Bear Creek- in case anyone wants to map it lol.  We use MPO for our weather, since there are no other elevated stations nearby (if there are any please let me know!)

Funny thing is back during the snow drought era in the 80s and early 90s, there was a lot of bare ground up in the poconos too- even in the middle of winter.

Archived