Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley First Half 2017

xram

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Heavy Wet Snow said:

From what I see on the radar and the newest model runs is it's not warm air that will be the problem down here but simple fact that precip is moving to north and there's not much qpf anymore. Nam and hrrr are pretty dry down here and radar supports heavier rates going north 

yea..12z NAM was not all that impressive with qpf.

toss it.

2 minutes ago, Animal said:

yea..12z NAM was not all that impressive with qpf.

toss it.

Radar def supports heaviest echoes going well north of my latitude, not speaking for ulster county but radar looks to be pretty dry down here after this initial slug and hrrr and nam supports that. 3 k and 4 k are a bit better tho 

1 hour ago, Heavy Wet Snow said:

Radar def supports heaviest echoes going well north of my latitude, not speaking for ulster county but radar looks to be pretty dry down here after this initial slug and hrrr and nam supports that. 3 k and 4 k are a bit better tho 

Yeah the Binghamton radar looks crushing but will probably hammer Albany, Glens Falls, and Vermont, missing the Hudson Valley...later on when the storm bombs HRRR has some interesting stuff from Newburgh north

14 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

1.7" here, just finished shoveling, much easier than on Thursday when I constantly had slush stuck to the shovel thanks to the warm ground to start. Snow just rolling off the shovel so far today. 

Yeah much nicer to move this time.  For a while the flakes got huge and accumulated quickly, now it's back to small flakes and mod intensity.  Still 24* with very light E winds.

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

2.9" in heavy snow now. I was surprised to see Upton lowers me down to 1-3" today when I worke up and now see they upped it to 3-5" today. Not sure why they went lower overnight in the first place. 

Yeah, Albany docked me in the overnight shift as well... couldn't really tell if it was p-type or QPF worries. I think a lot of us should still hit 6"

Just now, gravitylover said:

Vis just dropped to less than 2 blocks and flake size jumped.  Off to the races :D

Looks like the back edge is moving through central PA now but there will be another quick round overnight as the front moves through.  Am I reading that right?

I just looked at the radar and I think I saw the back edge just continue to rebuild, we shall see. 

If it snowed like it is now until 8PM in the Town of Newburgh, we would have 18"+.

Radar drying out quick to the West.

Hopefully we will get some spinning action and freeze the eastward progression before its too late.   Maybe asking for a bit much there though.

Archived