H2O

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Cold and windy with some snow in the ground. They should close school tomorrow. Too dangerous.

Haha - I take your point in good jest...   Reminds me of growing up in Ohio.  Had to be -20F or colder, or 8-10" of snow or more, or a combination of both in order for our schools to close.  But that was a different era for sure, before the same overzealous legal situation developed that we have these days to cry foul at the drop of a hat.  Can only imagine that FF Co School leadership is wringing their hands as to what to do tomorrow. 

Nice and nippy out there today.  Have not gotten above 20F all day.  A bit under-performing based on forecasts...

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's almost certain to go up soon. But, a lot of us have snow cover and daytime temperatures below freezing. The panic is low for most...even if it's just for a day. 

I can live with that.  I am right at 20.  It's nice and I am making a prime rib.  Drinking Bookers.  But the prospect of not having much to track for three weeks is less than perfect.

meanwhile gotta gloat since past 2 winters have been blah at best, 2 years ago was record warmth and record low snow.. not this year,  historic PNW winter continues... 59" at my home past 34 days .. and a big snowstorm expected Tuesday and Wednesday unlikely to see the ground again for a long time.. photo of my back yard yesterday.. had another 6" after I took that photo... remember patterns are different every year and of course you can always take a ski vacation ... ;) 

Back yard.jpg

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived