Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, ThePhotoGuy said:

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting video!

It's kind of interesting that there hasn't been an anniversary thread made and then rapidly populated for last year's blizzard. For me, other issues more important than weather have been occupying my time lately, and it feels like that may be the case for at least some members here too. 

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That and this winter has been an abomination. Most are staying out shut in to quarantine themselves from the panic virus. The casualty list is long this year. 

Not sure that the abomination reason applies though... the bump-ups for the various 09/10 storms happened during the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons. 

8 hours ago, gymengineer said:

It's kind of interesting that there hasn't been an anniversary thread made and then rapidly populated for last year's blizzard. For me, other issues more important than weather have been occupying my time lately, and it feels like that may be the case for at least some members here too. 

There's always something more important than weather.

8 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Facebook was kind enough to remind me so I re-lived it through that.  Talked about it with mappy some too.  Would love to get one of those every year as it was such a great storm.  No p-type issues, long duration, epic winds and cold for a bit after.

9 hours ago, gymengineer said:

Not sure that the abomination reason applies though... the bump-ups for the various 09/10 storms happened during the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons. 

Most of the people here seem to prefer lots of nickel and dime events all winter vs. one big storm and nothing else. Which is why you see lots of reminiscing about 06/07 and 13/14 here, but not so much 05/06 and 15/16. I'm the exact opposite though.

#neverforget

18z GFS Jan 19.png

18z GFS Jan 19 PF jackpot.png

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Facebook was kind enough to remind me so I re-lived it through that.  Talked about it with mappy some too.  Would love to get one of those every year as it was such a great storm.  No p-type issues, long duration, epic winds and cold for a bit after.

Yeah, it was the best single storm in my lifetime. 1/96 verified as a blizzard in Trenton, NJ, and that's it. This one verified as a blizzard in multiple locations, including even official reporting stations like DCA. And then the record coastal flooding in DE-- just a beast of a storm. 

The whole week following 1/96 and 2/10 of course beat the whole week following 1/16 easily. But for a single storm, this was the pinnacle. 

The storm where psuhoffman gets 2 feet of heavy wet snow and DC and south gets 3 inches of rain? In that event I be getting rain 2.:P

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I will choose to ride your last paragraph only. ;-) Seriously, in such a craptastic winter, you have done an amazing job trying to find our way out of the dark. I really hope we can pull a PSUHoffman Storm in the next few weeks. You deserve it man. You deserve it. 

1 hour ago, PaEasternWX said:

Board was offline for 4 hours. Wow. Whoever runs the board you guys really need to post something on twitter when something like this happens. There was no updates on twitter or facebook.

Given how this winter looks I doubt we missed much in four hours. In fact we could probably go ahead and shut it down for four weeks and it won't make much difference.

Archived