Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I have talked about it with my wife, and if we ever left the area it would be to move to Colorado.  We love it there.  I used to go at least once a year but with the family and all don't get out there as often lately.  

Yeah, he is pushing for me to join him out there, I need to pull about 6 more years before I could retire with a little spare room, so that is what I am shooting for. I head out there 2-3 times a year as it is now, wonderful place in my book.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Yeah, he is pushing for me to join him out there, I need to pull about 6 more years before I could retire with a little spare room, so that is what I am shooting for. I head out there 2-3 times a year as it is now, wonderful place in my book.

Where are you talking about?

26 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

O/U on euro giving us 0.1" of qpf. Bonus points if you guess the 850 temps when most of it falls.

Im going under and +2.

Depends on who "us" is, right? I think we'll see a few areas over 0.1" (with lollis to 0.25"), but not widespread.  Average +1 on the temps region-wide.

Anyone want my 8/1 on DCA recording more than 0.5" of frozen? 1$ pays you 8$ if they record over 0.5". 0.5" and under and I take your 1$.

Reading the Portland forecast office's summary of where this storm fits in the historic record, I noticed that "Downtown Portland" snow records are kept alongside the airport's snow record. (And they pretty much over-rode 2/95's airport total too.) That would be cool if LWX started doing that for DC--- reporting a "downtown DC" amount (choosing a specific station) alongside DCA's in summaries. 

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201701120047-KPQR-NOUS46-PNSPQR

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm pretty sure that's the back side of Abasin 

your looking west. Keystone is right there on the right side of that next mountain. Breck is behind it. Copper would be behind and to the right of breck. 

Ok its been awhile....this is how long (used to watch him there)  

7 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

everyone here is holding out hope the GFS saves us...no one is really out yet despite what they might say.  The NAM was bad and south...but a 30 mile shift puts some of us in a better spot. 

Dude, what's to be in on? Even if this comes, it's a ground freshener at best. I mean, I'd be happy to see it, but some folks seem way too uptight about it given the stakes.

Archived