Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

On a scale of one to ten, I'm definitely higher than a number one. 

Well gee whiz.  I think everyone should take notice and go with the flow.  If we all mind our P's and Q's when it all shakes out people will be happy.  Maybe radar will get us under some yellows this time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, H2O said:

Yup.  We all thought we were golden with the coming showers of snow

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

I admit to getting a wee bit excited by the stream of good model runs up until 12z

too easy to crack some ill timed Trump Golden Shower jokes after these posts. 

50 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Meanwhile, a 1-2" forecast for Portland, Oregon, ended up busting with 10-14" from downtown northward. I've been watching the local news streams. They're pretty dumbfounded with the situation.

Wow... talk about a bust

Looking at the PNS... looks like some thundersnow and 2"+ rates were seen in Portland

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If this weekend is a fail all hell will break loose.

When was the last time we had a beautiful bust like that?

I recall a bust like that in Dec '13 - I think 1-2 was called for IMBY and ended up with almost 8"

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Hahaha! Ya'll are dragging me down memory lane this morning. :)

Did that also when son was 8/9. It was the neighborhood 'hit', even made it into the local paper one year. Son learned to snowboard in the yard, learned how to make snow and the conditions needed to make it work, then HE took over at age 12! Then he started building his own stuff, snow guns and snow fans. Made for one heck of a water and electric bill with two air compressors and two or three guns/fans running 24/7 for days on end when it was cold enough haha. I'd come home from 3-11 shifts and the yard looked like a small resort, lights hanging in the trees, snow blowing around, rails and quarter pipes (Yes, he made enough snow to build a 10 foot long 6 foot tall 'wall' with plywood as a backing) and 3-7 young teenagers running amok haha! Good times. One year between the natural and what he made we had snow on the ground until first week of May, I was mowing around it lol. Course, once the license was in his hands he lived at 'Shoe and the 'yard' became less of a priority, but he still made snow every year he lived here. Now he lives in Summit county Colorado still doing what he loves, boarding and snow.

Love Summit county. What part?  Used to go out there in spring often to hit up A basin.  Nothing like flying down pavallicini with an audience on the sun deck. 

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm not sure Happy is the dwarf you meant. ;)

Happy fits. She's not grumpy or doc. Don't think bashful applies. Maybe sleepy and sometimes sneezy. She isn't dopey

but out of all of them she's really Snow White. 

Happy fits. She's not grumpy or doc. Don't think bashful applies. Maybe sleepy and sometimes sneezy. She isn't dopey

but out of all of them she's really Snow White. 

I vomited a bit reading this. Wub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we cant get pure snow in N VA, I demand massive amounts of freezing rain and sleet.

I want a SEVERE ICE STORM WARNING for a couple of inches of sleet and ZR, in a 20 degree environment. That way it ALL freezes hard, and then I will go out on one EPIC ICE JEBWALK. I will dance like the late Michael Jackson, on the ice, in ordinary shoes.

I am the best ice jebwalker in modern times.

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

If some of you are looking for good wx twitter people to follow, a website called AtmoLife compiled a list of 100 twitters to follow. Really damn good list

https://atmolife.com/2017/01/11/top-100-meteorology-twitter-accounts-to-follow-in-2017/

... i didn't make it (boohoo) but Ian, CWG and ustornadoes did! 

Well that was a nice gift to start the day, thanks Mappy. Added about a dozen accounts to my feed.

15 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Love Summit county. What part?  Used to go out there in spring often to hit up A basin.  Nothing like flying down pavallicini with an audience on the sun deck. 

He lives in Dillon. Worked at Breck until this year, moved to Keystone right after Thanksgiving. Happy as a person could be. They had a late start with the warmth and dryness but made up with 83 inches at Keystone in Dec, 3rd highest ever. He is already over 50 days on the slopes or in the back country. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Also, a weird amount of upset and teeth gnashing over Saturday in the dedicated thread. Seems to me, in this pattern, if we can fluke into anything, it's a nice gift. It's not like we are chasing a 12-24 inch storm or some such.

Yeah, and it ain't like it's going to stick around anyway.

Normally I'd like to see snow regardless, but I have to head down 81 Saturday morning about 7 am.  Not really excited about the prospect of starting that trip with a couple inches of snow and/or sleet/freezing drizzle.

31 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

He lives in Dillon. Worked at Breck until this year, moved to Keystone right after Thanksgiving. Happy as a person could be. They had a late start with the warmth and dryness but made up with 83 inches at Keystone in Dec, 3rd highest ever. He is already over 50 days on the slopes or in the back country. 

I have talked about it with my wife, and if we ever left the area it would be to move to Colorado.  We love it there.  I used to go at least once a year but with the family and all don't get out there as often lately.  

Archived