Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

4 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

I don't know what you guys think but I think severe season is close if not just as cool as winter weather. For those that like it is there any indication that the severe weather season will be any better than this non-winter for basically I would say most people if not everyone in the mid atlantic. 

Severe always sucks here. We do heat. We do wind. Thats pretty much what we do here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

@psuhoffman 

What's the name and local of that sled/ tube park you were talking about yesterday.  I looked back several pages and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance man.

There is a cool place in Blackwater Falls State Park in Davis called Sled Run (I believe someone posted a video).  I think that may be what you are referring to.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I predict 2-3' of dumb and useless posts covered with a solid glaze of worn out stale humor in the long range thread over the next week. 

Nothing storm mode can't fix though. 

Does it really matter?

As long as it's not negative.

Or some dumbass speculating on when warnings will be issued.

14 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Does it really matter?

As long as it's not negative.

Or some dumbass speculating on when warnings will be issued.

Not really. But if something real ends up in the medium range I would hope there is some self control to keep it to at least 80% legit disco. That's not unreasonable. 

Legit threats draw a lot of visitors/lurkers looking for real info. When there's a dozen meme's, cartoons, calling the gfs goofus and other stuff in between actual analysis it takes away from the science side of things. Only reason I mentioned anything. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Not really. But if something real ends up in the medium range I would hope there is some self control to keep it to at least 80% legit disco. That's not unreasonable. 

Legit threats draw a lot of visitors/lurkers looking for real info. When there's a dozen meme's, cartoons, calling the gfs goofus and other stuff in between actual analysis it takes away from the science side of things. Only reason I mentioned anything. 

I pretty much agree there.  Also, it depends on who the poster is.  Those that only come around when there's a big threat and then post 10 times every half hour can get annoying fast. There is leeway granted to those who have been through both the good and the bad, and rightfully so.  Those coming in from outside and posting negatively are usually met with ferocity.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hey man, I needed to melt. Normally I'd take it to banter or The Panic Room, but it all just happened so fast I had to drop trou there or risk going on myself.  

Lol. Nah. I wasn't talking about today. I just know how it goes. Especially with a winter basically void of winter wx. I have a hunch it's going to get crowded around here in 3-5 days. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol. Nah. I wasn't talking about today. I just know how it goes. Especially with a winter basically void of winter wx. I have a hunch it's going to get crowded around here in 3-5 days. 

Could get interesting because that will be within the time frame that Randy dubs Ji an honorary mod for 24 hours as per his post earlier. 

Archived