Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread

H2O

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Coming from Florida off vacation, and it's such a wonderful place to live where you can wear shorts basically year round. I've been here in summer though and that's just brutal to be around, unless you're in the Keys. For some reason Keys life is just wonderful but pretty costly to live in. I personally like where we live in this area of the country. We get those 4 seasons to enjoy and sometimes, when the stars align, we get a decent snow and fulfill the love that is winter. Colorado would be the best place, other than here, that I could think of to enjoy sort of what we have over here. They have 4 seasons east of the divide as well, and sometimes all in the same day! They say if you don't like the weather in Maryland, wait 15 minutes. Colorado weather will laugh and say "Hold my beer". What a crazy, wonderful place to live. 

Yeah, last year I went to visit my brother who has been living outside the Fort Meyers area the past few years.  This was last August.  A hot time of year and not the most popular time for such a visit to be sure (but cheaper!), but it didn't feel like it on the beach!  It was actually fairly pleasant for the most part as long as you didn't sit out in the direct sun all the time.  I attended graduate school at FSU years ago, and found that Tallahassee was far more oppressively hot and humid compared to other areas along the Gulf or Atlantic coasts that would actually get a breeze every day.  I couldn't stand being there from about June through September.  Personally, I wouldn't care to live in FL permanently, I like having all four seasons and love snow far too much (though perhaps next to winter, fall is my favorite season).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PaEasternWX said:

Your not a good poster either.

Most of us are weather enthusiasts that really don't have a lot to add to discussions in the model threads because we would be stating the obvious and it comes across pretty shallow.  Which is why we don't post a lot in there.  We read a lot and banter with the best of them, but most, if not all of what we would want to say is said by, and expanded on by others. 

Did I mention that we read a lot?

13 hours ago, mattie g said:

Three fewer days to chase patterns.

:(

:lol: all i can think about when someone does this is Game of Thrones, when Stannis corrects someone who says "less" instead of "fewer"

21 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

Your not a good poster either.

In my opinion the people that really make this thread enjoyable and informative are pretty much all the red taggers, including @psuhoffman and @Bob Chill. They add a lot of great information to this forum. Props to you guys.

10 minutes ago, PaEasternWX said:

I have done nothing to insult you. Are you looking for a fight? But of course I wouldn't pick a fight with you since I have no reason to. I have nothing against you.

oh lord. you aren't doing yourself any favors. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

:lol: all i can think about when someone does this is Game of Thrones, when Stannis corrects someone who says "less" instead of "fewer"

Never seen Game of Thrones, but I think I like this Stannis guy!

Honestly, I don't care (all that much) when folks post with less-than-perfect grammar (I do it, too!), but it would have pained me to see that sub-heading for the whole month. :lol: My OCD kicked in and I had to say something!

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Never seen Game of Thrones, but I think I like this Stannis guy!

Honestly, I don't care (all that much) when folks post with less-than-perfect grammar (I do it, too!), but it would have pained me to see that sub-heading for the whole month. :lol: My OCD kicked in and I had to say something!

he's dead now, so meh. but he was kind of hilarious when it came to grammar. 

I missed the CO love fest yesterday.......

Anyway, son (20's) is basically doing same thing Bob did. Currently working at Keystone, was at Breck until this year. Lives in Dillon (8900-9000). He LIVES at Abasin and hardly ever is on the actual slopes lol. When I was there in mid May in 2015 we hiked (should have had snowshoes) up the back side of Abasin up Peru Creek and Chihuahua Gulch trying to make it to the top lake. I have pics of us stopped at the first two smaller lakes in snow to our waists in the driving snow (yep, got hit by a thundersnow storm lightening included with basically no where to go) and shortly after I called uncle and we returned back to the car. Plus it was starting to get late and I'd hate to be hiking in that deep of snow AND dark. This general area is where I'll be spending my 'later years'. I need to pull about 5 years to do it comfortably but have my eyes open if a deal pops up on property now. Son stays in the backcountry year round when not working, hiking/camping in summer and of course boarding rest.

Just now, mappy said:

ha, no! have worked on a new tornado outbreak map for ustornadoes though. hoping its final tomorrow, still waiting on some more surveys. 

Cool! Well, it shouldn't take long to do the snowfall one, unless you use the .2 increments lol. Go 1-5 and 5-10 and use the very broad brush technique.

Just now, wxdude64 said:

Cool! Well, it shouldn't take long to do the snowfall one, unless you use the .2 increments lol. Go 1-5 and 5-10 and use the very broad brush technique.

I literally just posted in the total thread about it. .1 increments may not work out. 

Archived