Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, H2O said:

pretty soon we will lose march too.  Then what?

I'll be on vacation for the spring and summer. My days of 24/7 365 days on Eastern and here ended a few years ago. I mostly just follow Jays wintry mix on FB. He has gotten pretty good with his spelling and grammar errors that it's almost readable now

On 1/17/2017 at 7:17 PM, gymengineer said:

Watching this half-hour nugget tonight with a martini (is it a submission for an Emmy?).... good times. 

As much as I love this board, now watching this, I think I should have stayed off the board more that Saturday. It was the obsession about the dry slot that got me stressed. I didn't even realize what was happening on I-270 until the next day. Watching the news coverage would have probably made me more in awe of what was happening. 

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting video!

We desperately need some ground rules throughout the forum.  There is almost 0 value when one posts surface, 10m, and 850s charts from any ops over a week out.  500mb maybe at 7 days, but anything else just makes the situation false!

1 hour ago, PaEasternWX said:

Who's ready for severe weather season wooo hooo!!!

Yeah, can't wait to track other types of failures. This winter fail is getting boring. I'm actually excited about my wind driven rain on Monday. Gives me a break from cloudy and 50. What's better then cloudy and 50? Rain and 50 lol

12 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Yeah, can't wait to track other types of failures. This winter fail is getting boring. I'm actually excited about my wind driven rain on Monday. Gives me a break from cloudy and 50. What's better then cloudy and 50? Rain and 50 lol

I am kinda enjoying the sunny and 50 today. Back to rain and 50 tomorrow.

to be fair -- i am not trying to make it a "vs" issue. was just pointing out the clear negativity/saltiness in his post to WWlvr. It seemed out of place given the fact that it was one post, pointing out a wedge that is showing up on the models. 

37 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

We desperately need some ground rules throughout the forum.  There is almost 0 value when one posts surface, 10m, and 850s charts from any ops over a week out.  500mb maybe at 7 days, but anything else just makes the situation false!

Agree to disagree with you on this.  I like looking at all the maps.  And I think NorthArlington posting an 850 map for a storm ~100 hours away is very reasonable.   The map he posted shows that the GFS thinks it will a colder storm than its previous run.  No reason that shouldn't be a part of our board.  

44 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

There have been and never will be any rules like that.  People posting maps over 7 days away might very well be weenie wishcasting.  Its information that available to anyone.  some choose to post, some don't.  But to say that it is 100% impossible to happen is flat wrong.  Unlikely?  Hell yes.  But no one knows what will happen in 7+ days.

All of our storms that have happened started at some point whether it was 5, 7, 10 days away.  Part of the hobby is to figure out if a pattern will support an event.  You can't prevent people from posting stuff like this and I sure as hell have better things to do than censor stuff.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

There have been and never will be any rules like that.  People posting maps over 7 days away might very well be weenie wishcasting.  Its information that available to anyone.  some choose to post, some don't.  But to say that it is 100% impossible to happen is flat wrong.  Unlikely?  Hell yes.  But no one knows what will happen in 7+ days.

All of our storms that have happened started at some point whether it was 5, 7, 10 days away.  Part of the hobby is to figure out if a pattern will support an event.  You can't prevent people from posting stuff like this and I sure as hell have better things to do than censor stuff.

And we suck, so we need to post the happy(ier) things, even if they're in unicorn range and unlikely to happen. No other way to survive winter 'round these parts!

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

And we suck, so we need to post the happy(ier) things, even if they're in unicorn range and unlikely to happen. No other way to survive winter 'round these parts!

I'm posting all JMA bombs no matter the range.  Its reliable for unisnows

5 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

The good news is that as we continue to chase this "better pattern", sooner or later we'll be in range of next winter!

yep... and its very possible as I admitted back in december that this winter totally craps the bed.  But I will track this beast to the bitter end.  WHen its time to put the nail in the coffin I will but until then I track.  What I just don't understand are the people who give up on winter and then antagonize those that want to continue to track and have hope.  This is not directed at everyone who is skeptical, but some take it too far.  

Archived