• Member Statistics

    15,882
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Cold Rain

January 2017 Obs

Recommended Posts

Through 60 days of *meteorological* winter (begins Dec. 1st), here's where we stand compared to normal in Greensboro and Raleigh-Durham...

GSO:
Average Daily Max Temp: 52.0 F (2.5 F above normal)
Average Daily Min Temp: 34.6 F (3.9 F above normal)
Total Precipitation: 6.82" (0.98" above normal)

RDU:
Average Daily Max Temp: 54.6 F (2.4 F above normal)
Average Daily Min Temp: 36.4 F (4.2 F above normal)
Total Precipitation: 5.94" (0.40" below normal)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

An overperforming clipper, tracking right over me in the end of January, and it's 50 and raining pretty steady! This winter blows!! Even the Piedmont of NC is green, all way to VA!! Got to love winter! :(:(

Good thing for you you're "never tracking another storm again"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

An overperforming clipper, tracking right over me in the end of January, and it's 50 and raining pretty steady! This winter blows!! Even the Piedmont of NC is green, all way to VA!! Got to love winter! :(:(

 
 

Sadly, you're correct.  My yard has turned green in many places. Daffodils are several inches above ground. A year ago was the first time in my life I mowed my yard in December.  It's beginning to look as if this year may be the first time I ever mowed in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Good thing for you you're "never tracking another storm again"!

I track rainstorms, because I love agriculture and don't want anybody to suffer as bad as I and a lot of people did last summer, with lack of rainfall! I'm glad we have two decent rainstorms showing up in the 6-10 day period!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta finished January with 11 days on which the temperature reached 70° or above. The old record was 10, which was set in 1950. January 12-20 saw the temperature reach or exceed 70° on a record nine consecutive days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Atlanta finished January with 11 days on which the temperature reached 70° or above. The old record was 10, which was set in 1950. January 12-20 saw the temperature reach or exceed 70° on a record nine consecutive days.

We rock at heat and record highs! And drought! Don't think this summer could be any drier than last year!? Hopefully a wetter summer with the El Niño looking to come back this summer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.