Newest Member
    joxey
January 2017 Obs

Cold Rain

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LithiaWx said:

What a record!  At sunrise it was a frosty 61.  That overnight low has to be 25 above normal or so. 

According to the NWS, the split was 71°-62° and the low was 28° above normal. Both the high and low temperature missed the record figures (record high maximum and record high minimum) by 1°.

7 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

With its 71° high temperature, Atlanta extended its January record streak of 70° or higher readings to seven consecutive days.

Anybody got an analog for that record as we head into February ?? Grit?? How does this roll forward to Feb!? Hit  80.2 at my house today!

the airport record GSP , was 71, think they peakedat about 78/79

39 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At Noon, the temperature in Atlanta was 70°. This is the January record 8th consecutive 70° day. The prior record was 5 consecutive days, which was set in January 1907.

The 8th 70° reading also ties 1907 and 1949 for the second most 70° days in January. The record is 10 70°, which was set in 1950.

Looking at Atlanta's top 20 snow storms several happened after a 5 day stretch of unseasonably warm weather 

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Atlanta's 72° reading at 1 pm brings its January record consecutive streak of 70° temperatures to 9 days. January 2017 has now recorded the second most days on record with only 1950's 10 being higher.

yeah it's been pretty disgusting lol. It's a good thing i went to the snow last time and  i've been distracted by football because if not for that, i'd be screaming by now :arrowhead: 

Just now, donsutherland1 said:

The Falcons have done really well so far. Good luck against Green Bay.

Thanks Don! If they can't make it all the way this year, i don't think they ever will. 

btw..mean to add above....currently 77.5 here :axe:  Even some 80s showing up in central ga.  Bush field, near augusta, hit 81 today...with an 82 at butler airport between macon and columbus. 

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Atlanta's 72° reading at 1 pm brings its January record consecutive streak of 70° temperatures to 9 days. January 2017 has now recorded the second most days on record with only 1950's 10 being higher.

It looks like 10 won't happen barring a miracle.  Then again every day has been underforecast so far, but this probably will need to be a midnight 70 because it'll rain most of tomorrow.

22 hours ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It looks like 10 won't happen barring a miracle.  Then again every day has been underforecast so far, but this probably will need to be a midnight 70 because it'll rain most of tomorrow.

The rain and thunderstorms have been impressive so far. Atlanta has picked up 2.53" rain in the past 4 hours.

Archived