Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2017 Obs

Cold Rain

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through 60 days of *meteorological* winter (begins Dec. 1st), here's where we stand compared to normal in Greensboro and Raleigh-Durham...

GSO:
Average Daily Max Temp: 52.0 F (2.5 F above normal)
Average Daily Min Temp: 34.6 F (3.9 F above normal)
Total Precipitation: 6.82" (0.98" above normal)

RDU:
Average Daily Max Temp: 54.6 F (2.4 F above normal)
Average Daily Min Temp: 36.4 F (4.2 F above normal)
Total Precipitation: 5.94" (0.40" below normal)

3 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

An overperforming clipper, tracking right over me in the end of January, and it's 50 and raining pretty steady! This winter blows!! Even the Piedmont of NC is green, all way to VA!! Got to love winter! :(:(

Sadly, you're correct.  My yard has turned green in many places. Daffodils are several inches above ground. A year ago was the first time in my life I mowed my yard in December.  It's beginning to look as if this year may be the first time I ever mowed in February.

2 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Good thing for you you're "never tracking another storm again"!

I track rainstorms, because I love agriculture and don't want anybody to suffer as bad as I and a lot of people did last summer, with lack of rainfall! I'm glad we have two decent rainstorms showing up in the 6-10 day period!

8 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Atlanta finished January with 11 days on which the temperature reached 70° or above. The old record was 10, which was set in 1950. January 12-20 saw the temperature reach or exceed 70° on a record nine consecutive days.

We rock at heat and record highs! And drought! Don't think this summer could be any drier than last year!? Hopefully a wetter summer with the El Niño looking to come back this summer!

Archived