Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2017 Obs

Cold Rain

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low of 5 this morning.

Notice a variance also in accumulation totals for my area. The NWS reports (and map) were taken at 7am on Saturday for Roanoke Rapids. When I checked at 8 I was around 5inches. When I took the mean of measurements around the house at the end of the day once snow had stopped, my official total was 7.2" I am on the west side of town.

1 hour ago, WFFaithful said:

On still nights cold air drains downward into any low spots. There can be a several degree difference between the top of a small hill and the bottom. Personal weather stations are all over the place. Top, bottom and in between. 

On 1/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, J.C. said:

76F today, I'm sure CAE is going to report somewhere close to 90F lol.   In all seriousness, the airport will report at least a high of 80.  KCAE is already 5 degrees above average for the month. January should rival the 13 degrees above average from December 2013.  

Most of my sites down there where I checked climo 1950 is going to be unbeatable.  I went ahead for CLT and ATL and assumed 65/50 and 70/55 for the next 7 days which is probably above what will verify and it did not get either one even close to 1950 and that is with 4-5 near or maybe below days coming to close the month.

Archived