Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

wow, a lot of people going all in on this one.  will be a ton of angry people come saturday i believe.

I'm glad I'm out already!

31 minutes ago, southernskimmer said:

whatever happens, cheers to December chasing!

Yeah, we're off to a fast start.  I like it!

1 hour ago, frazdaddy said:

Ironically, we had planed a trip to Purcellville in Louden county Va. this weekend. This could actually work out quite well.

Nice!! I miss living up there in Leesburg, Tell my peeps up there I said hi!!  If you go up to Snickers Gap, just west of Bluemont, and there is moisture, youll have some snow up there on Rt 7

Ill be in Asheville this weekend. One time Im in the mountains it wont be snowing out there, I swear I have an anti snow shield up around me

5 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Nice!! I miss living up there in Leesburg, Tell my peeps up there I said hi!!  If you go up to Snickers Gap, just west of Bluemont, and there is moisture, youll have some snow up there on Rt 7

Ill be in Asheville this weekend. One time Im in the mountains it wont be snowing out there, I swear I have an anti snow shield up around me

Will do lol, I'm sure my wife and you have some mutual friends. She grew up there.

15 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

yep and everyone clt/rdu east will be outside looking into the streetlights to see if a flake or two is mixing in with the steady rain.  

Haha I will be out there for sure!

11 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

No doubt, my pond is down 3 ft. The ducks left and the fish are swimming on their sides.

Yikes!  You're going to need to import some water soon man.

16 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

Hey Mack, it sleeted at my place for an hour. Hasn't  done that in Dec. for a long time. Might be a good omen.

I'd take it as, glad I saw some sleet today, cause that's the last frozen I'll see till January! This thing Sat, gonna be a heartbreaker, in a bad way! How much can really change tomorrow! Temps are gonna suck

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'd take it as, glad I saw some sleet today, cause that's the last frozen I'll see till January! This thing Sat, gonna be a heartbreaker, in a bad way! How much can really change tomorrow! Temps are gonna suck

It's  early man. Last two years we were decorating in shorts. I think we get some good rain out of this and there appear to be some chances in the near future.

1 minute ago, frazdaddy said:

It's  early man. Last two years we were decorating in shorts. I think we get some good rain out of this and there appear to be some chances in the near future.

One early worry I see is the presence of a GL low with every system that affects the SE. It gets cold but as soon as a system tracks towards us the cold air feed get cut off by the GL low. Really hope that doesn't show up a lot this winter.  

1 minute ago, FallsLake said:

One early worry I see is the presence of a GL low with every system that affects the SE. It gets cold but as soon as a system tracks towards us the cold air feed get cut off by the GL low. Really hope that doesn't show up a lot this winter.  

Yeah, could be a lot of thread the needle near misses this year. Still to me better than nothing to swing at. Its a good group of peeps on here so it will be fun either way.

4 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Seems like we see a lot of those in +PNA/-EPO patterns.  We need a 50/50.

4 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Remember a few years back where the PNA, AO and, NAO were all bad (for cold/ weather); but the EPO was negative and saved the day. I'm really not sure what to hope for...

Yeah I remember that.  As long as you have a good supply of *arctic air* you are in the game.  Hopefully, we'll get some Arctic air some day.!

Archived