Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

At least Pack and I won't have to wait until the last minute to find out we won't get snow like last year.  I'm just hopeful that it doesn't shift so far west that we get dry-slotted.  We need the rain.

Add me to that party. We are all not that far apart. Need the rain badly, the fish in my pond are going to have to learn to walk.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

At least Pack and I won't have to wait until the last minute to find out we won't get snow like last year.  I'm just hopeful that it doesn't shift so far west that we get dry-slotted.  We need the rain.

Your pain is my gain! I'll post pics of 

my colder rain than yours! :(

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

JB says to get biggest snows you have to be able to smell the rain...well we will be bathing in it and will be able to smell the snow. 

17 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

IDK last nights EURO looked pretty good for you triangle folks..

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

That's usually correct but idk, not really feeling this setup for a big system for western areas, this it will be remain weaker and East.. 

There is still a big spread for the EPS, anywhere from 85 west crush jobs to whiffs and everything in between.  Inside 72 hours it’s as big a spread as I can recall for the EPS.  

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

There is still a big spread for the EPS, anywhere from 85 west crush jobs to whiffs and everything in between.  Inside 72 hours it’s as big a spread as I can recall for the EPS.  

Amazing really..it going to be very interesting if the big dog members verify.. some local mets are gonna be grilled... they havent even mentioned the possibility of a 2-4 inch snowstorm much less anything bigger..

12 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

It's just setting us up.  It did that last year too.  It'll catch up Northwest with the other models.  Today at 12z, watch the axis shift to over the Burlington area.

Watch the NAM!!! It's the only model I watch for upper level temps! I'm just glad the rain is holding off till later Friday, I didn't want to miss it!

15 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

It's just setting us up.  It did that last year too.  It'll catch up Northwest with the other models.  Today at 12z, watch the axis shift to over the Burlington area.

I agree. The EPS shifted further NW and I put more stock in it than the operational Euro.

2 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

i think last january's bust has scarred me for life. can't get up for this threat at all. in years past i would get hopeful but this year i just know that nobody outside of the mtns will get anything from it.  

Said the same thing yesterday.   Any other winter I would be pumped at this potential...really just hoping we flip to warm in a couple of weeks, burned out and it’s only Dec 6.  Watching the Euro spit out several runs in a row now of solid snows for Raleigh when you know it has no chance to verify.  

8 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

i think last january's bust has scarred me for life. can't get up for this threat at all. in years past i would get hopeful but this year i just know that nobody outside of the mtns will get anything from it.  

I was so pissed about last year's epic bust in RDU that I went out and attempted to kick the icy slush the in morning. I ended up slipping on the ice instead and smacked my head on a post and ended up with stitches. I permanently have a scar from that storm. Talk about a double smack in the face... 

Archived