Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

27 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Only good thing about last winters bust is that it supplanted Dec 2000's bust.

accum.20001204.gif

In my opinion, this one ranks as one of the biggest busts of all time. If only for the massive amounts of precip forcasted for a large part of central NC.

The fact the Carolina Crusher happened 11 months previously made the expectations worse. Now that we had actually seen those amounts happen in real life, it made it more believable.

Sigh.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

pack,

Yes.  The not so cold-hard-truth map.  Posted that a week or so ago somewhere around here.

Wow,

You had to be on the bloody edge to score there.

yep.. and previous years' storms I remember the sound of sleet quite well to blow another forecast.   We scraped by with a nearly all snow event.

15 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

In my opinion, this one ranks as one of the biggest busts of all time. If only for the massive amounts of precip forcasted for a large part of central NC.

The fact the Carolina Crusher happened 11 months previously made the expectations worse. Now that we had actually seen those amounts happen in real life, it made it more believable.

Sigh.

Oof, that one hurt.  Remember leaving my friend’s house in Charlotte early that evening to get back to Raleigh before the snowpocalypse was supposed to happen.  I would look out the car window repeatedly to look for the incoming cloud cover, only to see a star filled sky the entire night.

8 minutes ago, Jonesing for a chase said:

Oof, that one hurt.  Remember leaving my friend’s house in Charlotte early that evening to get back to Raleigh before the snowpocalypse was supposed to happen.  I would look out the car window repeatedly to look for the incoming cloud cover, only to see a star filled sky the entire night.

I hear ya. I still have scars from this one.

Just dang happy that we may get to see some flakes fly.  I live in Macon but will be driving up I-85 to Charlotte on Friday.  My daughter is a ballerina with Charlotte Ballet and they have their opening night on Friday.  It sure would be cool for the stage to be set in the real world on North Tryon to match the stage inside the Belk Theater !

10 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Leave it to this nut to post 384 warm maps! Nice

LOL...I am an equal opportunity model person.  My previous 100 posts were all cold/snowy posts.  I got 99 more warm posts to make it fair. 

Plus, you didn’t see my post in the med range thread...ph8 FTW!

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

Feels like a lot of effort in tracking what will be a 40F heavy rain event.   But, drought is growing, so why not.  Atleast Mack will get his snow, that’s all I really want.  

You know it's fun to track these.  But I completely understand. As typical 50 miles to your NW good ole Roxboro will be snowing.  But yeah I having fun tracking the potential rain too.  At least it's not last winter. Very warm and bad drought last.  Even though Nov to April/May is the dry season here. I can already tell this winter will be different due too the cool mornings. On the other had I'll have a side of cmc. Potentially 1-1.5 of rain here. 

5 minutes ago, Wow said:

And here's the most bullish 18z GEFS member for your viewing pleasure.  :wacko:

37dMXA1.png

LMAO.  Wow. Energy in the SW must stay more consolidated and stronger before more energy drops in behind.  More phasing too.  Must pull that H5 lobe near ATL. 

On the other hand...  This is cold for central FL standards. Apopka  FL roughly  12-15 miles NW of Orlando. 

Screenshot_20171205-193043.png

Screenshot_20171205-193706.png

Archived