Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I've been on this board for seven years now. Seems like yesterday that Eastern was brought down and many of us migrated to this (new) site.   

Time flies... On another note, I have determined that I may be in fact the cause of the So Wake/ Sw Chatham Co. snow hole. Going to Pa. for Thanksgiving and according to your snow cover map from yesterday. I will be in the only Pa. county without snow.

1 minute ago, frazdaddy said:

Time flies... On another note, I have determined that I may be in fact the cause of the So Wake/ Sw chatham Co. snow hole. Going to Pa. for thanksgiving and according to your snow cover map from yesterday. I will be in the only Pa. county without snow.

That would blow. I've got family in Boone and every time we visit in the winter there's no snow. Then when we leave, they get snow the next day (happened the last three years).  

You'll have to take an afternoon ride/chase to see some snow (if it's near). Heck, the way these models are you might end up in the sweet spot.   

4 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

That would blow. I've got family in Boone and every time we visit in the winter there's no snow. Then when we leave, they get snow the next day (happened the last three years).  

You'll have to take an afternoon ride/chase to see some snow (if it's near). Heck, the way these models are you might end up in the sweet spot.   

No doubt, From the looks of the GFS TG day, the rain snow line will be 50 miles west of us. :( looks to flizzard on us as we fly out. Just like home and that's just wrong.

8 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Just remember folks, how many times have we seen Nov/Dec favorable temps but no precip, only to torch in Jan Feb with plenty of wet, muddy dog paws!

Ya'll need to start rooting for seasonable temps and a cold jan/feb, or else....you know the consequences!

I'm rooting for a 2010 repeat. If I could get that I would toss jan/feb. Once we get to December, we can get big storms. 

http://climate.ncsu.edu/climate/winter_wx/database.php?location_county=&StartYear=1969&StartMonth=01&StartDay=1&EndYear=2015&EndMonth=08&EndDay=1&Submit=Submit&page=1

6 hours ago, FallsLake said:

The fix is so simple I'm surprised you haven't thought of it. When you enter your visit to Boone in your calendar move it back a day or two. That way, when the info is sent up to the cloud it will fool the snowflakes into thinking you are leaving earlier and they will fall while you are still in Boone.

24 minutes ago, jburns said:

The fix is so simple I'm surprised you haven't thought of it. When you enter your visit to Boone in your calendar move it back a day or two. That way, when the info is sent up to the cloud it will fool the snowflakes into thinking you are leaving earlier and they will fall while you are still in Boone.

Lol...that's what I'll do. I have a son that's moving to Boone in January. I'll be able to test that method then.

4 hours ago, jburns said:

When you send info to the cloud, it takes a lot longer for the skies to heal afterwards.

Five years ago today I turned green. Seven years ago this month American was born  :wub:    It's been close to 17 years that I've been "here" and I can't thank you all enough for being the BEST crew AMWX has ever known  :wub:     I've met some of the most amazing people, became close friends with some, learned a s*it ton of stuff, but most of all I've come to realize that this place is like my second home. While you all don't realize it, you have helped me threw some of the hardest days anyone could imagine. You all have made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. You all have given me hope when I have thought there wasn't any. You all have given me friendship, support and help when I've needed it. For this I'm forever thankful  :wub:   I hope everyone has a fantastic day filled with food, friends and family  :wub: 

25 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Five years ago today I turned green. Seven years ago this month American was born  :wub:    It's been close to 17 years that I've been "here" and I can't thank you all enough for being the BEST crew AMWX has ever known  :wub:     I've met some of the most amazing people, became close friends with some, learned a s*it ton of stuff, but most of all I've come to realize that this place is like my second home. While you all don't realize it, you have helped me threw some of the hardest days anyone could imagine. You all have made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. You all have given me hope when I have thought there wasn't any. You all have given me friendship, support and help when I've needed it. For this I'm forever thankful  :wub:   I hope everyone has a fantastic day filled with food, friends and family  :wub: 

Right back at ya! Hopefully we get a few great winter storms to track and you have to get out the banhammer! :)

1 hour ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Archived