Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, frazdaddy said:

The misses and I spent the weekend in Ashville. We were met on the way up by a steady convoy of line trucks headed south. We lost count after a hundred. We are truly blessed in this country. Wicked Weed Funkatorium is a must for wild beer lovers.

Yeah Wicked Weed is very good. We had a plethora of distillers and new craft beer joints springing up in WNC. Obviously in Asheville because of the great craft beer that comes out of that area. We have some great bar hangouts also which support a lot of the local breweries. I am not a beer drinker at all but a lot of my friends do drink beer and they are always raving out the micro brews coming out of our area. Oh and you picked a fantastic weekend to come up. 

13 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah Wicked Weed is very good. We had a plethora of distillers and new craft beer joints springing up in WNC. Obviously in Asheville because of the great craft beer that comes out of that area. We have some great bar hangouts also which support a lot of the local breweries. I am not a beer drinker at all but a lot of my friends do drink beer and they are always raving out the micro brews coming out of our area. Oh and you picked a fantastic weekend to come up. 

We had a sat am mtg in Knoxville. Decided at the last minute to come back to Aville. Did the walking brewery, shopping thing and late dinner at Chestnut. Breakfast at Toupelo Honey. Great time!

7 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

If you're talking just in the county, Shatley Springs(especially for breakfast), winners circle, and Boondocks. If you venture to Boone, I would recommend places like Macados and Makotos.

Nice, thanks.  Been to all of those in WJ.  Shatley is a tremendously great value for breakfast.  Excellent food.  I like Boondocks pretty good too.  I really hate that Gino's closed.  It was one of my favorites.  There used to be a place near Walmart called Greenfield.  Growing up, we used to eat there quite a lot.  We also used to go to the Elk Shoals campground off of 163 and tube down the New River.  Fun times!  They've really made downtown WJ nice.  Will probably be coming up the first weekend in December.  Can't wait!

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Nice, thanks.  Been to all of those in WJ.  Shatley is a tremendously great value for breakfast.  Excellent food.  I like Boondocks pretty good too.  I really hate that Gino's closed.  It was one of my favorites.  There used to be a place near Walmart called Greenfield.  Growing up, we used to eat there quite a lot.  We also used to go to the Elk Shoals campground off of 163 and tube down the New River.  Fun times!  They've really made downtown WJ nice.  Will probably be coming up the first weekend in December.  Can't wait!

Yea I do miss Gino's. I only ate there once before it closed since I moved up here around 2010. Was some absolutely fantastic place to eat. Not much else has changed restaurant wise, but we do have a Burger King again lol.(But it's trash)

14 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Yea I do miss Gino's. I only ate there once before it closed since I moved up here around 2010. Was some absolutely fantastic place to eat. Not much else has changed restaurant wise, but we do have a Burger King again lol.(But it's trash)

Lol @ BK.  The Bojangle's in Jefferson is pretty nice!

Archived